Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking around for a hands on course. .380, .38, .357, .40 & .223 (5.56), etc. Been reading up and looking at videos/equipment, but there's nothing like hands on experience to a guy like me. I'm willing to pay for the privilege (if the price is reasonable) and learn this fine art so I can finally get the wife off my back for all of the $$$$ I put out monthly on store purchased ammo.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I would love to help if I could simply find the time to do some loading. I load for .40 and have the tooling for .45 and 9mm, but I haven't yet started loading for them. Be warned though, you don't really save any $$, you just end up shooting more, LOL. Also, keep in mind that there is a significant outlay of $$ to get properly setup to reload, that's before buying components. But I load because I like to so the tooling is a wash in my book.

I have an RCBS single stage press that I have had forever, that's what I learned on. I will use that to work up new loads. I recently acquired a Hornady Lock-N-Load AP progressive press to really crank out the ammo. It simply rocks! If I can carve out some time and you don't care about some yappy dogs for about 15 minutes (takes them that long to settle down) I will give you a heads up. I wouldn't think about charging for it, that's just silly, LOL.

·
Banned
550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hear you on the ammo reload rigs, but in the long run it'll be worth it. I'm always looking for a good lesson. We should clear schedules and see what's available.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.