Apparent logjam at SLED for SC CWP | Carolina Shooters Club

Apparent logjam at SLED for SC CWP

Discussion in 'SC Concealed Carry' started by HarleyMick, Nov 2, 2020.

1. HarleyMick

HarleyMick Registered Member

South Carolina state law allows SLED up to 90 days to process an application for a CWP after they receive it. It's now taking well over 90 days and the only answer you get if you question it is, "Be patient is all I can tell you."

The law says 90 days and if there are extenuating circumstances they should notify you. The webpage says to contact SLED Regulatory if you have a problem but they don't even answer emails. I contacted State Senator Wes Climer and he said he would look into it and let me know.

Is anyone else having problems obtaining a new CWP?

jjwestbrook likes this.
  2. Evergreen

Evergreen Registered Member

DAMN IT.. Was wondering why my permit is taking so long.. Although, its only been 30 days. I know in Tennessee it took me 60 days and it is also handled by the state (DMV) like South Carolina. I am starting to think I may never get my SC CWP... But, I think we should look into a class action lawsuit of some sort if they deny us what was suppose to be a Constitutional right and even suppose to be guaranteed within South Carolina's own body of laws.. THey told me I was in pre-approval and that is should take 2 weeks if I had CWP through IdentiGo.. Did you send in the paperwork manually? They even told me at SLED To avoid doing that as they said paper applications may take forever and that you must go through IdentiGo.. Not even sure why they even allow the other method if that is the case.