Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Just saw your post, or I would've posted sooner. I'm in Asheboro, as are a quite a few other members, including Phantom(formerly Lew-G17), 556A2, S.A.I.N.T(@CSF, don't know if he's made it here yet), and a few others I'm sure I've forgotten to mention. I squirrel away food, water, guns, PM's, ammo, and basic necessities as funds allow. I do garden (have some extra seeds if you need any), and plan to get set up canning this summer. If you want to get together some time, just give me a shout.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
Sounds like a plan guys. We should have some kind of informal meet and greet maybe over a burger/steak and a couple of beers. Let me know what you guys think, we'll hit up a local restaurant, or when it gets warmer maybe we can plan a cookout or something.

·
Premium Member
3,358 Posts
I'm up for any and all, we just need to decide when and where. Let's come up with some ideas as to what weekend would work best and what day, ie, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, etc.

·
Banned
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm open most all weekends. I am vending at the local(ish) gun shows now but most of the time I would be home at a reasonable time still. Saturday would get my preference.

·
Same as it ever was... same as it ever was...
1,704 Posts
Did I hear someone say burgers and beer?!

·
Same as it ever was... same as it ever was...
1,704 Posts
Seriously though, the wife and I have sworn to start canning this year. Anyone who can give us a crash course would be great.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm not an expert by any means but so far I've canned greenbeans, deer and jams, jellys, preserves, etc. Actually this year I've started a jelly of the month club to earn a little extra money. I'd be happy to teach/share what I've learned. Spring is upon us, canning time is fast approching. I'm also in Asheboro.

·
Banned
677 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
When do ya'll want to do a meet and greet so we can put faces to names? We can either do it at a restaurant like sage brush or we can do one at my place and do a pot luck so we can all get fat while we talk?

I'd definitely like to learn more about canning, along with how to install a hand well pump and a few other things.

We could even do a mini swap meet and bring extra goodies to trade / sell if that would interest anybody?

I think all of my Saturday afternoons are clear for February...... 18th maybe?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.