Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Not needed for silencers.

Not sure about current turn around times however they can range from a few days to 30 days. Last time I did it I had my approval back in a week.

If going somewhere you plan to visit again in the next year make sure you request approval for the 12mos maximum.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So it came back because I put, "trust name - my name trustee" in the Full name column. Should only be trust name. FYI. Guess they couldnt just cross it out on a form for temporary permission for a stupid reason in the first place. Wasted my stamp, envelope and their stamp, envelope and a piece of paper.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I've heard if it's a rush job they can fax you a copy pretty quick, the next day in some cases if you fax it to them.

I just moved to NC from Florida and didn't have my new address until about 10 days before I loaded everything up and hit the road. I mailed the form as soon as I got the address and called them a couple of days before I left to see where they were on it. The examiner had just approved it but there wasn't enough time to get it back to me in the mail so they faxed me a copy and sent the original to my new address. Not only that but the original was returned to the ATF, I think is was because it was addressed to the trust and not me, and the examiner called me to check on the address and sent it again, with my name on it this time, and it finally arrived about to weeks after I did.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.