Carolina Shooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Basic Carbine/Vickers Shooting Method 16 Feb Albemarle NC (weekday course)

724 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  NCPatrolAR 
#1 ·
Basic Carbine (Vickers Shooting Method) - 16 February Albemarle, NC

http://defensiveconceptsnc.com

The Basic Carbine course is designed to provide each student with the core skills needed to properly use the carbine in a safe and effective manner in defensive situations. The course is taught using the Vickers Shooting Method and covers the following topics: marksmanship fundamentals, carbine manipulations, and extensive shooting drills at various distances using several shooting positions.

The following principles will be strongly reinforced throughout the course:

Know and adhere to the real world safety rules that govern professional firearms handling.

Only accurate hits on target can decide the fight in your favor - therefore accuracy is King.

You are accountable for every round you fire - squeeze the trigger as if your life depends on it because it does.

Instructor: Chris Clifton - ( Bio - http://defensiveconceptsnc.com/chris.html)

Class Date: 16 February 2012

Cost: $150

Equipment Requirements:

Students will need:
1 semi-auto carbine (AR15, AK variant, Mini-14, etc) with a Minimum of 3 Magazines (.22LR and pistol caliber carbines are acceptable)
A method of carrying 2 magazines on the firing line
500 Rounds of Ammunition
Pen/Pencil and Paper
Ear and Eye Protection

This course is not listed on our website. To enroll please email me directly and I'll enroll you.

Chris@defensiveconceptsnc.com

See less See more
#6 ·
How was the class? Did the manufacturer show up with any cool stuff? I would imagine so, since I usually miss the cool stuff. :)
The class went well. We had 4 shooters that did a great job working through the rain in order to learn how to use thier carbines. 3 of the guns used in class were ARs with the 4th shooter using a SCAR-16.

The manufacturer incident didnt turn out too well. He brought out a 7.62x39 carbine that only fired 4 out of approximately 20 rounds put through it. Even the brass cased ammo that was supposed to function reliably

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.