Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't need one...I don't have the spare cash for one, but I still want one. So I'm asking my forum buddies to help a man out.

What do you use? What have you found to be a useful piece of gear, what have you found to be a waste of real estate?

Again, it's for my "one day" purchase, but perhaps a thread to help others who want a good functioning battle belt would be helpful.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
HSGI Suregrip. It's the cats ass.
When it comes to padded MOLLE belts this is the ticket. I currently have 2 of them (one is from beta testing the design for Gene) and they are great if that's what you are looking for. Currently I don't use them much and mainly stick with a normal 1 3/4 duty belt with pouches attached

·
Not Here Anymore.
5,350 Posts
When it comes to padded MOLLE belts this is the ticket. I currently have 2 of them (one is from beta testing the design for Gene) and they are great if that's what you are looking for. Currently I don't use them much and mainly stick with a normal 1 3/4 duty belt with pouches attached
Mine gets most of its use in 2 and 3gun competitions. Works great.

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
The HSGI belt is a real nice piece but IMO the Jones tactical belt is more than enough for the average training class and range use. I need to get another in the near future.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
How does your holster attach to the HSGI style belt? FlatFender, can you post a pic of your setup? I am all set for my competition belt, but I'm kinda interested in one of these types of rigs for training and non-competition use.

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
Most people attach the holster to the inner belt. There's cut outs at the 3, 6, and 9 o clock positions that permit access to the belt that runs through the center of the outer belt

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
I run the Hsgi belt setup when I run a carbine. I love the taco pouches and I use a g-code holster with the RTI mount. Just a top line kit. One of the biggest factors to this system is I can run ar10, ar15, ak47, aics mags or monster drinks in the pouch.

Love it, love it.

John

·
Premium Member
15,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If I recall correctly, John, you got your HSGI and Tacos and so forth from Warsport? Will they put together a kit? Does anyone else have recommendations to where one could get the whole shebang all at once?

·
Vendor
8,069 Posts
You got it,

War Sport can do you up. Dorton just got a setup also. It will cost more due to the pricing of HSGI compared to others, but keep in mind its a buy once use it for everything rig. Once you buy this, you honestly will not need anything else.

John

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
+1 on U.S. Grunt Gear. I've had one of their Infidel War Belts for a couple of years now and have used it in various competitions as well as a recent day-long carbine class. Very dependable and extremely well made. The thing I really like about this system is the inner velcro belt. It holds the molle belt securely and it never moves around on you.

http://www.usgruntgear.com/inpawarbe.html

·
Premium Member
955 Posts
I also just got a HSGI setup from Warsport. Got everythjng I needed from the HSGI pieces to the GCode parts to attach my holster.

I can post a picture of my setup later if that would be of help to you, OP.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.