Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Every legally licensed hunter can "harvest" or kill one bear per season. According to the N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission, more than 1,000 bears are harvested each hunting season, so that really helps to control the population and keep the critters from taking over the backyards that butt up against bear sanctuaries, such as the Blue Ridge Parkway, the Great Smoky Mountains National Park, state parks, and sanctuaries throughout the Pisgah National Forest."

http://blogs2.citizen-times.com/outdoors/2012/10/12/bear-season-starts-in-western-north-carolina/

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
I'm going to give it a shot. Still looking to take my first black bear. I have seen them deer hunting before, of course out of bear season. Our season only runs in December for bear in SE NC, although just 2 counties up it starts in Nov.

·
Registered
7,156 Posts
You're competing against every 1980s vintage Toyota pickup with a dog-box full of mountain curs flying thru every dirt road in Western NC.
Good luck still hunting a bear in NC....now down east, maybe esp in Alligator River NWR but methinks that is a permit hunt anyhow

·
Registered
77 Posts
You're competing against every 1980s vintage Toyota pickup with a dog-box full of mountain curs flying thru every dirt road in Western NC.
Good luck still hunting a bear in NC.
Sweet Jesus. How true is the above. My wife and I were getting lost in Pisgah bordering Great Smokey. I pulled up next to a bunch of men with the aforementioned '80's Toyota's with said hounds. My wife, born and raised in Chicago leans over and asks what their doing."We're hunt'n bar" was the reply. She looked a bit puzzled. I turned to her and said, "Sweetheart, they're hunting bear."

"BEAR!?!!" HERE!??!" as she nervously looked around.

They looked at us like we just stepped off a spaceship. After exchanging a few social amenities, I drove off muttering, "Nice going Babe. Nice going.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
Good luck still hunting a bear in NC....now down east, maybe esp in Alligator River NWR but methinks that is a permit hunt anyhow
+1 Also. I drive a lot of the state roads exploring and usually see 5 or more in an hour drive. Not all are friendly either.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.