Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Steel surplus. Can be had multiple places in new condition. Advantage is they come completely apart and have replaceable components for very little $$$. Never heard a compelling argument for US-made polymer. I'm sure they work, but never heard they are better unless you have a really crappy magwell (single stack -> double stack done poorly). The Circle 10s are premium and excellent, if you want to pay for that. I like the smooth back steel mags vs. ridge back. Some say these are Chinese made for Eastern Europe.

·
Registered
726 Posts
i like the us palm mags the best cause for whatever reason they seem to make mag changes easier for me under stress and they absolutly fill up the the magwell on my rifle so there is no wobble at all. the steel mags work, they do their job and thats what i have most of. hard to beat a bunch of steel mags but thats just boring :)

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
I've always went with the new, steel surplus mags and never found a bad one.
^This

and the one thing the Chinese can make right is steel ak mags.

·
'Murica! eh?
7,479 Posts
I've always went with the new, steel surplus mags and never found a bad one.
I have but since it was steel it was easy to fix a buggered feed lip with a file. I don't like plastic mags.

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
K-var has Bulgarian Waffle 10's. - They're pretty pricey when you add in shipping. I have four, and just bought four Tapco Galil mags for backup. - This being for a converted Saiga with BG.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.