Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
'Murica! eh?
7,479 Posts
I put one of each on my bench primer side up and leave them there. I grab two or three at a time from the pile and hold them next to the examples. This makes it easy to tell them apart even as your eyes and brain get tired.

·
Registered
157 Posts
What I tend to do is run them through my LNL ( using the case feeder) and priming only. If you hit a small primer pocket obviously it will not seat a primer. After my run I can easily go back and pull out the ones that don't prime and set them in another pile. This works pretty good with crimped pockets though sometimes the primer will try to seat.I have gotten into the habit of just priming everything first cause if I just miss one primer seat it makes so much mess. I spend far more time cleaning up powder than just running things in stages.

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
By hand. I keep one of each on the desk for reference.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Dump the tumbled cases in a large container and shake it a bit until most of the openings are oriented up. Grab a handfull and when you turn them over to look at the primer end the small primers are really obvious compared to the large primers. Re shake the container as needed.

·
Registered
210 Posts
So far, looking has worked perfectly.
I sort, inspect, and deprime prior to cleaning and that little bitty hole isn't that hard to see.
I still damn the plant these things come out of...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.