Beware Primer Scams | Carolina Shooters Club

Beware Primer Scams

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Dean Goodman, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Dean Goodman

Dean Goodman Registered Member

As many of you have probably seen, there are a lot of non-familiar sites appearing if you search reloading primers for sale. While legitimate sites are completely sold out these sites show primers (especially small pistol primers) "in stock". Then when you get to checkout, they require Zelle, Venmo, Applepay or some other electronic payment. Any site that won't take credit cards is trying to rip you off.

2. ammoaddict

ammoaddict Registered Member

I have seen the same thing when searching power tools and chainsaws. Some of them look legit but have fake phone number and physical address.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

SkydivnShooter likes this.
  3. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

This almost happened to me!!!! A couple of weeks ago I was out of Large Rifle Primers and Googled such. I got a hit on Barrelammodepot.com. I placed an order and got an email saying we appreciate your order but we are awaiting payment through Zelle. Please watch for the Zelle alert through email or text to the phone number you registered.

I got neither, did nothing and now their website says Site is Not Available.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2021
  4. SeabeeChief

SeabeeChief Registered Member

Another giveaway is bitcoin. These people have scammed millions. One site, fedarm is legit but wants $2000 for 5000 primers

5. WallEye

WallEye Registered Member

Any site that wants $2000/5000 primers ($400/1000) is not legit in my book.