Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to order a set of Bobro mounts and can't decide which to get... the standard, extended, or slightly forward model.
It seems to me that both the extended and slightly forward put the scope in more or less one place in the rings with the ring spacing being so narrow and that would limit the amount you can slide the scope forward or back... more or less limiting you to what slot you choose on the rail. The standard would permit you to slide the scope forward or back for better positioning I think.
Plan on mounting a Leupold 2 X 7 on this one. I checked the Bobro standard mount against my LaRue Tactical mount and the dimensions are very close.
For any of you that have tried the Bobro mounts, what say you??
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
Why you switching up from Larue?

Eye relief of the particular scope will determine which mount is best.

If QD isn't a must take a hard look at the Leupold Mark 2.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Morn'in Ed. I'm not switching up from LaRue, this is for another rifle and I have heard and watched some good reviews on the Bobro so I thought I would try them.
For this rifle, I do want QD.
Scope will be Leupold 2 X 7 which has pretty much "standard" eye relief.... 4.2 - 3.7.
It's just when I look at scopes mounted in the Bobro extended and slightly forward mounts , the rings are very close to the turrets and there is very little room to slide the scope in the rings.... which leads me to think that you are more or less stuck with where you position the mount on the upper rail. Know what I mean?? It seems the rail will be your adjustment for eye relief for the most part with very little adjustment by sliding the scope in the rings.
I was saying that the Standard Bobro mounts match the ring spacing on the LaRue Tactical mounts pretty close and the LaRue's work fine so, after all that, I am wondering what the benefits are to the extended or slightly forward models Bobro offers and maybe I'm missing something. I don't like the rings crowding the turrets and the lack of adjustment that causes.
Must be a reason why they offer 3 different styles.... maybe it's to aid in the use of BUIS?? They don't say.

http://swfa.com/Bobro-Mounts-C3282.aspx

·
Premium Member
17,876 Posts
I follow what you are saying. Im not sure there is any difference in the ring spacing....even though they look slightly different in the pics. Bobro does make an excellent mount. Check with Dorton.....he lives in your area and has the extended mount. Im sure he'd let you check it out.

·
3,580 Posts
You are more than welcome to look at mine, to see if it will work for you.

I've been very pleased with the mount.

·
3,580 Posts
I run the stock collapsed, and nose on the charging handle. Like Wahoo said, depending on Eye Relief, and shooting style will dictate your mounting needs.

Is yours set up as a monolithic rail?

·
3,580 Posts
Cool deal. That opens up your options. You can pick any of them, and just place them on your rail as needed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.