Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its a new gp100!!!1 All I can say is holy crap this gun is beautiful!!!! Im a rifle guy and a semi auto guy....But I sold a couple of guns recently and said what the heck I want to buy a revolver for the 1st time in my life.... Saw a gp100 3" barrel and was mezmorized....When i go in my LGS I usually skip passed the revolver section and go to the semi auto section.

I Cant to looking at it! What got me hooked, I was at the lgs and they guy was like here...grabbed a gp100 in 4" off the rental wall and grabbed 6 357 and 6 38's and was like here shoot it and tell me what you think..... all 357 shots were dead center( target was even swaying side to side lol) and 38's were all head shots. SOLD!!!

;hubba

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
...and a fine one you did pick! My first handgun of any kind was a GP100 4" when they first came out. That puppy will last you a lifetime...and then some.

·
Premium Member
1,166 Posts
Many years ago my wife's uncle gave me his RG14, with a crappy rep no doubt. But it never had a jam or misfire. Was my first handgun. Sadly I've sold or traded all my revolvers in the rush for semi autos, but my first purchase next Spring is going to be a Ruger revolver of some type.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
I've always been a revolver fan but, just recently (in the past 1.5 years) got into DA's with the purchase of a Smith Mod31 .32Long that was traded to fund a Smith 632 Pro Series .327 that's with me almost everyday. Then came a GP100 in .327 that I plan to hunt with, next will be a .45 of some sort. You really "NEED" a SA or 2, you can't beat an old model Vaquero or Blackhawk in .45Colt.

C.S.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I hear you. I was recently afflicted by the revolver disease and it spreading. Not o lay are they fun to master but ere is a great sense of accomplishment when you can out shoot you friends with an old wheel gun.

Older revolvers are some of the best and unlike most guns at a gun show can be had for reasonable prices. I spend most of my time looking for the older per lock smiths..

Enjoy it and let it be fruitful and multiply...

Disclaimer-this is my opinion and yours may vary.

·
Registered
883 Posts
I'm like you I like my semi auto Glocks but, revolvers are so much fun to shoot.

G

·
Good choice. My first decent revolver was a 6" GP100 but it was too long for me so I sold it. I missed the action and feel so I got a 4" GP100 but never put in the time to master a double action trigger and traded it. I have since gotten another 4" GP100 and it isn't going anywhere!

Actually, now I think about it I got two of those GP100's from rantingredneck IIRC..... So dude, you need to find me a 3" stainless in .357 for carry please.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hehe thanks guys I already won a set of the older grips with the rosewood inserts off ebay...I dont like the look of the hogue grips...I liked the older ones better from shooting it on the rental gun.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I am not only a revolver fan, but a Ruger fan. My next revolver purchase will be a GP-100. I am currently looking to get a Ruger 1911 (the only auto that they make I like), and I have a number of Ruger revolvers currently. My preferred caliber is .45Colt, but I have an SP-101 (3 inch barrel) in .357 magnum that I really like.

My primarily used revolver is the type in my pic to the left, a Ruger Alaskan (.454/.45 Colt). I use it in IDPA & USPSA competition, loaded with. 45Colt of course.

·
Registered
734 Posts
My pride and joy revolver is a Ruger Blackhawk S/S 357, stamped on the top with the words " Made in the 200th year of American Liberty, and its in its original box and never been fired. One beautiful revolver.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Congrats on your gp100, They are addicting, I started with a taurus model 85 for the night stand. I now have a ruger ss Blackhawk 357, a ruger single six 22lr/22mag. And just put a ruger Blackhawk 45lc/45acp. On layaway. Oh yeah have 2 naa minis as well. I can't seem to help my self. GF thinks I need professional help. Next up probably a 1873 remake. Been eyeballing the uberti cattleman.

·
Vendor
6,243 Posts
Anyone who knows me will tell you how I am about my Rugers.

Someday, I hope to have as many as Snal...er... BEFORE the boat accident.... L ol l

My first revolver was a Security Six, and shortly after I got it (25 yrs ago) Ruger introduced the GP100. After all this time, I finally got one in '10 and it is my anchor gun (THE never-get-rid-of).

The heft, the weight, the size (i'm not a little feller by any means) is AWESOME!

I have a decent collection of semis and a few revolvers, but the GP100 is by far my fave.

Now to get some 38/357 dies, some mag primers, another couple pounds of W231....

Lol :p

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.