Business Partner?? | Carolina Shooters Club

Business Partner??

Discussion in 'Employment | Help Wanted or Job Wanted' started by landman, Feb 16, 2018.

1. landman

landman Registered Member

OK, I am kind of bored today and been thinking about a new venture, which I do not have in mind yet.

Any guys here looking for a new work/business venture and need a partner?

farms and land related, construction related, outdoors related?

I have cash to invest , alot of outdoor/construction/real estate/investment/ farm experience. Been out and working for 30 years and ready for a new challenge.

Anybody here with any ideas they want to talk about in NC?

2. AKD

AKD Registered Member

Just an idea,
    buy forested land, work the forest for timber, etc.
    Lease tracts for hunting.
    Can receive tax break on forested land over 20ac, if managing for timber.

Productive sites could provide profits on pine plantations every 10-15 years (give or take) depending on how you set uo your rotations, etc.

Ive got no capital to chip in, but I work with landowners all the time, and that is the elevator pitch on turning trees into $$$.

3. landman

Thanks, got that angle covered. Been a timberland investor for over 25 years. Looking for something that creates a regular income stream, so I can afford to by more timberland. The problem with timber investing is that unlike years ago when you could sometimes pay for land with timber up front, now most deals will not cash flow until later in the investment. Still got to pay for them along the way.

4. AKD

AKD Registered Member

Im looking to shake it up in the workforce.
    Are you hiring?

5. mr. bggs

mr. bggs Registered Member

paintball

6. mr. bggs

mr. bggs Registered Member

sorry tactical survival paintball! sounds better that way.

7. landman

The problem is I am a commercial banker/loan analyst by training. When you look at paintball (which I have extensively, I love the idea) the numbers just don't excite me. A ton of investment, liability, work, marketing, maintenance, etc, weather driven, etc just to barely get by. I have also looked at 4 wheeler parks, etc. The problem is you have to pay for so much overhead(land) at $20 per pop and that looks bad on paper. Fun for sure but I am not interested in working to just make wages at this point and that rules out alot, unfortunately.

I am really interested in getting a group of real estate brokers together who love land and the outdoors and starting a new real estate company to compete with all the national "hunting land" franchise popping up.

8. landman

I am looking for partners as much as ideas but I do appreciate the posts!!

9. #1Gunnah

#1Gunnah Member

I would like to find a place in the country , where a obstacle course was set up. Think, Spartan Race, Tough mudder or military style, but set up all year. That way people could go train, work out or host corporate team building challenges. It could be 3.5 to 5 miles of course. 20 to 30 obstacles. People would flock to it during the rain. The entire idea of OCR (Obstacle course racing ) is staying strong during difficult times. You could build it out of telephone poles and lumber.

You could host a couple of fitness/ race events a year.

Obviously a waver needs to be signed prior.

Call it something cool like the Swamp Witch.

Around halloween you could make a haunted forest event or something like that.

During the winter or slow seasons you could rent it out as a deer lease or host a polar bear challenge

It would be pretty involved though.

10. majicmike

majicmike AKA Studly Hungwell Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

I'm looking investor for my Presidential Rubin 2020. You can buy me cheap right now

Confused likes this.
  11. jtkazanjian

jtkazanjian Registered Member

I would like to brainstorm some ideas with you. Are you only looking for projects here in NC.

12. Jeppo

Jeppo Member

Rubin? Love it with Gulden's mustard. :D

13. Blink.

Blink. Registered Member

Conversation started.

14. Masterspydog

Masterspydog Registered Member

How about talking about mix of solar lease on pre-cut land with 1/2 replanted?

15. landman

Thanks for the pm's and interest so far.
    Solar leases are not for me. The lease rates are down, and they want to tie up your land for a year or two with due diligence before committing. I have talked to them alot actually and they are moving towards larger properties and they are getting pickier about location, etc. I have passive investments and really looking for ideas for actively managed companies.

16. 1 eye

1 eye Registered Member

since i am here does anyone know how to make probably simple electronic gadget that would be small and run on battery power i have an idea but not the knowhow

17. pipperzamboni

pipperzamboni Registered Member

I always wanted to buy some land that could be made into a self sustaining zombie apocalypse safe haven. Guarantee certain skill sets such as doctor, farmers, carpenter, blacksmith etc. Then sell spots at a premium to the rick city folks.

Slacker likes this.
  18. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Send me a PM and tell me what it needs to do.... I have the knowhow...

19. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Lease garden space, community garden.
    Gardening classes. Harvest venison.

20. mike1969

mike1969 Registered Member

Hello, i am a new member mike1969 also looking for a partner in the automotive field i found the garage just need someone to go in half. how is your search going??

21. landman

I have a few things going, ,mostly in the hunting land/farm/grading/clearing/construction business that I have been in and around for 30 years. I have not had much interest here on this site, at least from people who really wanted to try something.

My brother has been in the auto garage business for 25 years so I am somewhat familiar with it. I can't say it is what I want to do on a day to day basis but as a managing/financial partner, I may have some interest. Feel free to send me some details about the business (location, history, cost) etc and a little about your background in that business. I know guys who have done real well in it but the devil these days is of course with finding good technicians and the right location, etc. I have a background in corporate finance and spent years financing small business startups so I enjoy looking at new proposals so send me what you got via PM.

Thanks,
    Mike