Carolina Shooters Club - Free Family Rimfire Match | Page 3 | Carolina Shooters Club

Carolina Shooters Club - Free Family Rimfire Match

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by Studentofthegun, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Studentofthegun

Studentofthegun Hall of Shame

This would be a good one to go to. It's going to be a very friendly group of folks.

Slacker likes this.
  2. Studentofthegun

Pedlar's Hill Trade Depot Prizes:

Streamlight Enduro Head Lamp
    308 Ammo can with 4 MTM .308 boxes
    Utility Bag in OD Green (I use mine for First Aid supplies)
    Nebo Magnetic LED Light
    Paracord (Made in USA)

Pedlar's Hill.JPG

3. Studentofthegun

Sky Fly's Guns by Gals Prizes:

Free Concealed Carry Class
    Zombie targets
    Alien targets

Sky Flys.JPG

TSheaffer, Chilly636 and Gtownwrench like this.
  4. cranbiz

cranbiz Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Carolina Smoke and Guns has donated a bunch of T-Shirts, 100 round box of CCI HV .22, 2 333 round boxes of Federal Auto Match and another 335 box of .22 of which I forgot who made it. I will kick in a couple boxes of Auto Match as well.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Lucky 13 donated a brick of 22lr & Pendergraft gun works donated a new CMMG 9MM AR bbl, a bunch of magpul goodies, two AR handguards, a brick of 22lr and some other neat stuff.

We have some great sponsors!
    Please think of them for your next purchases because they think of us!

6. 1911gobang

1911gobang Sponsor

Is anybody from F/V going to this match?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Studentofthegun likes this.
  7. Studentofthegun

For those coming to the match:
    Please bring a bag chair so you can have a seat and rest periodically.

The weather is supposed to be perfect.

Slacker and Chilly636 like this.
  8. Slacker

I look forward to seeing everyone tommorow!

Remember to wear sunblock and a hat, it's flirting with 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

Anyone who wants to come out early and help setup is welcome. I think the gate opens at 8:00AM, I will be there shortly after that with a truckload of steel.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2016
  9. Studentofthegun

Well, we had a pile of people. I think pretty much everyone who signed up also showed up.

We had people from as far away as Charlotte drive up for the match. The weather was really nice and we are hopeful that everyone had a good time.

The squads were rather large and compared to other matches things moved more slowly. However, this match was purposely geared toward those who might be new to shooting matches.

The prizes donated by the various sponsors were very much appreciated.

Lots of winners today. Here are the results
    https://practiscore.com/results/html/2740423c-7bd3-492c-95a4-143090b2fee6

Thanks to all who came out. We really appreciate it! Hope to do it again soon.

SlowShot, Slacker and Gtownwrench like this.
  10. Studentofthegun

Someone left a pair of ears at the match. See pic below. No identifying marks, unfortunately. Please contact me so I can return them to you.

image.jpeg

11. Phantom

Phantom Member

Thanks to everyone that helped put this together and the sponsors for the prizes.

Studentofthegun and Slacker like this.
  12. elenaidan

elenaidan Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

@Studentofthegun and @Slacker . Thank you both for hosting this. We had to leave early and the whole group let us take extra time with a new shooter. Everyone there was helpful, polite and very generous with lending their equipment when someone forgot something or had malfunctions. These kinds of events are a testament to the character of the shooting community. One lady that was with us had never held a gun prior to today. I just got a text from her a few moments ago asking if we could do it again next weekend. Thanks again to all of you for a positive introduction to the shooting sports. All of you were true ambassadors gun lovers today.

Slacker, Glade8r and Gtownwrench like this.
  13. Stick

Stick Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

@Studentofthegun and @Slacker. I want to thank you guys again for organizing and putting this on. You did a great job with a large group and limited space, and everyone had a good time. I also want to echo what elenaiden said above. Right at the end a family showed up who was not connected with the group in any way. They were given a warm welcome and a great introduction to our sport, plus they got to see what a good bunch of people shooters are. This is what it is supposed to be all about.
    Clearly I need to make time to start going back to the 2 gun rimfire at dprc!

Slacker likes this.
  14. Studentofthegun

We really appreciated you guys coming out. The fact that this event may have gotten someone else into shooting is all the reward I want or need. I believe Ryan feels the same way.

I'm glad you guys had a good time. We couldn't be welcoming if you didn't bring them. Therefore you are well deserving of credit for doing that. We hope to do this again sometime.

The lady in question figured out that revolver pretty quick. =)

elenaidan likes this.
  15. Studentofthegun

Thank you sir. Was our pleasure. We may have to consider a different venue to get more bays. That would allow us to reduce the size of the squads.

Ryan hatched the idea of this match. When he asked me about helping him I remembered when I first got into shooting in the 90's. Not that many people were what I would call "welcoming".

Hopefully that is no longer the case. Keeping our rights means growing the sport. And that means we all gotta do what we can.

DPRC signup for November 12th is up. Just saying. =)

https://squadsignup.com/dprc/index.php?MatchId=831

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  16. Slacker

I echo everything Ben said. He put a huge amount of effort in, and deserves the lions share of the credit.

Please, remember that the absolute best way to support the 2nd Amendment is to grow the shooting sports. I challenge everyone to make it thier mission to bring as many new shooters in as they can manage.

Rimfire steel matches are the ideal conduit for this, particularly for the youth, who get bored with paper punching very quickly.

Bumper stickers, Internet rants and voting are all fine, but the truth is they mean very little. One new shooter will make more difference than the best Internet rant ever typed.

I'll get off my soapbox now. It was great to see everyone enjoying themselves.

17. elenaidan

elenaidan Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Amen.

18. Gtownwrench

Gtownwrench Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Very well said. Thank you guys for doing this.

19. SlowShot

SlowShot Hall of Shame

I would like to send out a big thank you to both Ryan and Ben and all the sponsors for a great event. Everyone was more than accommodating and friendly to the new shooters and newcomers making everyone feel welcome.
    We made the drive from Charlotte with no expectations other than having fun, enjoying the weather, meeting new people and of course enjoying this great hobby and sport. We had a great day with some great folks!
    We look forward to attending more of these and when little Benjamin is old enough to hold a rifle hopefully these type of events will still be going on. After telling my daughter (little miss sharp shooter) about how much fun we had she is looking forward to attending one as well.

Thanks again to everyone involved!

20. Slacker

It was a pleasure to meet you and yours.
    You sir, have a beautiful family!
    Hope to see you again.

21. Jrhendr2

Jrhendr2 Registered Member

I also want to thank everyone for making the match possible. It was my first time competing and now I'm hooked. Signed up for the November DPRC match. Going to try and get my wife into competing so that I can justify some future purchases.

22. Studentofthegun

Awesome! See you there.

23. kronus92

kronus92 Registered Member

Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for organizing this event. I had a great time and am looking forward to attending the Rimfire challenge at DPRC in Nov. My wife did not make it to the event, but will be coming to DPRC.

24. Studentofthegun

Glad to hear you did! See you at DPRC next month.

25. vz58

vz58 Registered Member

I just want to mention a couple of things.

My son and I have gone to matches at various location to watch. Some of the people at those matches were... a bit of a turn off. (But a lot of nice people too). My son was intimidated by the mannerisms.

This match was entirely different and it was a tremendous pleasure to meet and shoot with you all!
    My son is now hooked and unfortunately, it looks like I will be investing in more magazines for the 22's... and a c-more... and another Eotec....we got home and within 20 minutes he was burning through more ammo to try to pick up his times..

I cant praise the organizers or the great people who were there enough. It was a great experience with great people without exception. Almost like a family reunion without the kooky uncle.

The food vender did a nice job on the hotdogs too, I was craving more as we drove away.

That was a heck of a crowd for 2 squads but even so it was nice because it gave us time to talk to some very interesting people.

This is EXACTLY the type of event that should be advertised to bring new shooters in.

For the gentleman with the CZ SP-01 Kadet conversion, (I forgot your name, sorry) I have been working on your idea and have it pretty well worked out. I just need your measurements.

Chilly636 and Studentofthegun like this.
  26. Slacker

Thank you Sir! Your kind words mean the world to us. Please do us the favor of sharing the sport with a new shooter and ask the same of them.

@Erick text me the measurements you are getting for Mr. VZ and I will take them off my Kadet so he will have an idea of the variance. I want to beta test that item also! My scars prove it!

Last edited: Oct 30, 2016
  27. josephb919

josephb919 Registered Member

A big thank you to Ben and Ryan for all there hard work organizing and holding the Family Fun match yesterday at the Caswell Game Lands Shooting Range. Thanks to all the sponsors that made this event possible.

Chilly636 and Studentofthegun like this.
  28. josephb919

A few pictures from the Family Rimfire Match on 10-29-16

Attached Files:

TSheaffer, JavaTee, BigWaylon and 2 others like this.
  29. josephb919

More pictures

Attached Files:

30. josephb919

Sign In!!!!

Sorry that they are out of sequence. I'm not very computer friendly.

Attached Files:

Slacker, TSheaffer, JavaTee and 2 others like this.