CCW Insurance | Carolina Shooters Club

CCW Insurance

Discussion in 'Concealed Carry | National 2A Laws' started by NyNcHoneyBadger, Sep 14, 2021.

1. NyNcHoneyBadger

NyNcHoneyBadger Registered Member

What is the general consensus here on ccw insurance...do you all cosign on it and if so, who has the most useful services in their package?

2. John H

John H Registered Member

surprised no one responded. First off, there are a number of companies selling it, but it's not insurance as such. all the them have exclusions with the main one being if you did not act in self defense they will not cover you. then again if you are conduction a criminal activity with your car (robbing a bank for instance) your insurance company won't cover you either. They get to decide if you did. Ergo you must understand all the laws pertaining to self defense. I know most of the companies have education for this and it behooves anyone to read their commentary on cases and what constitutes self defense. that they present. Some even cover civil liability to a point.

There are some who say it's a waste of money and other say it's not. I'm in the it's not a waste of money clan. There are a number of websites the do comparisons of the various plans. Here's one of them. https://concealedcarrysociety.com/insurance-compared/ There are others with nice comparison charts. After much research I went with CCW Safe. For about $200 I figure it's worth it even if it is very unlikely I'll ever need it. The cost is one day on the road on vacation. If you're involved with a shooting it can cost a LOT just getting through the initial investigation stages let alone the prosecution case.

It's up to you in the end of course. One question to ask yourself is, in the very unlikely event I needed to cover the costs would I have been better off spending $200 before? They can easily exceed $100,000.

rhargett3 and NyNcHoneyBadger like this.
  3. NyNcHoneyBadger

4. rhargett3

rhargett3 Registered Member

I signed me & my wife up for USCCA. I think overall for us they make the most sense. I like the legal + civil suit coverage + education available, but there are a lot of flavors out there as John stated. I've been shopping around b/c USCCA is increasing their prices quite a bit. I think it's going to become more common place as some states/counties are requiring coverage to carry concealed.

NyNcHoneyBadger likes this.
  5. NyNcHoneyBadger