Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New range getting ready to launch in Alamance Co. Thanks to our MIA Shellylynn, I found out about it some time ago. There is a range cookout on Dec. 1st. at 10:00am to 2:00pm. My son wants to go to a free Skeet shooting instruction day at our current range that day, but I may have to change our plans now. Just Google "Central Carolina Gun Club" for more info. My apologies if news of this new range has been posted before...................... Dave

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You can go to their website and request to be put on their email list. I believe the initial membership fee for regular members is $200.00. I also believe, if my memory is correct, they will accept 100, first come first served, life memberships for $500.00. They are having a cookout at the range on Dec. 1st. for all prospective members from 10:00am to 2:00pm. The exciting thing about this range is the possibility of having a 1000yd. rifle range. I haven't heard any more news about that part of it. Here's the link: http://www.ccgci.org/

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Will it be open to the public for a fee as well? Or members only? I'd love to be able to shoot at a 1000 yard range. Certainly none in my area.

Is this out towards Lake McIntosh?

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Will it be open to the public for a fee as well? Or members only? I'd love to be able to shoot at a 1000 yard range. Certainly none in my area.

Is this out towards Lake McIntosh?
It is in North Alamance Co. just to the north of Hwy 62. and about 3/4 mile east of Hwy 49. According to what I've read so far, this will be a members only club and not open to the public. I am going up there Saturday to the cookout to check it out................... Dave

·
Premium Member
6,391 Posts
Well, if it's members only, I wonder if a member can take a guest??!! I'm from Alamance County and still get up there to visit family every couple months.

I hope they decide to open it to the public for a fee. 1000 yard ranges are few and far between.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I went this morning. Met Qball. Mistook another guy for Crazy Carl and he looked at me kind of weird when I asked him.

The range is pretty nice. It's in its infant stage. 2 50 yard pistol pits and a 200 yard rifle range. The 1000 yard rifle range is next in line to be built but there is still a lot of earth to be moved. No real eta on it yet.

It's a not for profit club, so they need dues and members to begin expanding. No power, water or club house yet. But the vision seems to be there if members join and contribute. They want to sponsor a lot of junior shooting programs and such. I liked what I saw and heard.

I'm probably going to join.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
FlatFender:935918 said:
Any word on membership info yet? I know ZSA has been holding matches there for a while, but haven't received any info about memberships, opening date, etc.
Regular membership application fee is $200. Annual membership dues for 2013 will be $100. Dues will likely increase as the range expands and as voted on by the club.

There is the option to join as a "founder" for a $500 application fee. Only 100 of these are available. After 15 years a founder converts to a life membership, which does not require dues and can be transferred to an heir.

Applications are on the website. After you complete the form, you have to attend an orientation/saftey meeting with the RO. After he concludes that you are safe and competent with firearms, you send in your money and will receive Range ID and the gate combination. Range will be open 7 days a week.

Membership includes your immediate family, and you are allowed to bring guests. They don't really have a set number of guests you can bring, they just said "bringing 10 people is pushing it." I expect most rules like that one to be hashed out and finalized by members at the first few club meetings.

·
Banned
3,753 Posts
damn... ANOTHER nice place to shoot... thats an hour from where I live!

I need to move to Graham or Burlington.... :)

I like wake county for a lot of reasons... access to shooting is definitely NOT one of them.

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah. Looks like it has tons of potential. Nice meeting you today Shane. One important note about this up and coming range: They have over 1000 acres to work with and the owner of the land is a very prominent Greensboro corporation whose sole wish for this land is a gun range. So as the tour guide told us today, if the guys they (the land owner) hired to get it started can't do the job, they'll keep searching until they find someone who can.

On my laptop the membership page was kind of quirky. If you can't see the whole page on the screen, you have to scroll down and slide the bar over to the right to see the "Next" button. Navigating to the Login page is kind of tricky as well. I just submitted my membership application a little while ago. You don't have to pay anything until after you've been to Orientation and accepted. Then you pay the initiation fee. The annual dues are expected to be due sometime in January. There is a possibility that Orientation may start next weekend but that's not certain yet.

Take care and I hope to meet more CSC folks there..................... Dave

·
Registered
508 Posts
Only bench shooting?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
s.a.i.n.t.:947499 said:
Only bench shooting?
Nope. In fact, there aren't any benches yet.

The pistol bays won't have a dedicated firing line. There also won't be any rules against rapid fire, etc.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I would love to be able to use this range but at 2 hours away i just cannot see paying for a membership that i will use once or twice a year. It would be nice if they had a couple days a month they are open to the public for a fee. If the 1000 yard range was open it would be more enticing to get the membership.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.