Century Arms blocked from importing | Carolina Shooters Club

Century Arms blocked from importing

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by jcs3876, Jun 7, 2014.

1. jcs3876

jcs3876 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

2. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

This has been known for a while. Old news, but important none the less. I would love to see a few million of these hit the market to lower the price.

These antiques are American history.

3. knifeman32

knifeman32 Sponsor Club Subscribed

It would be quite a bit of revenue for the gov't as well. Importation is not cheap in terms of taxes and fess.

4. Puma

Puma Member

not to mention Century laid off 40 something employees because of this.

Thanks Obama!

5. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

Wouldn't it be great if for once, just once, this administration could do something to remind us that they are not a left coast high school civics class?

6. YeeHaa

YeeHaa Well-Known Member

YUP​

Obama Executive Action causes Firearms Dealer To Lay Off 41​

A Vermont firearms dealer says the Obama administration is responsible for him having to lay off 41 of its workers in a “last minute” move that has even angered some of the state’s liberal politicians.
    Century International Arms had a $30 million contract in place to import World War II era M1 Garand Rifles from the South Korean government. The U.S. State Department had given preliminary approval to the deal, and the State, Justice and Defense departments had cleared the transaction.
    But an executive action announced last year by President Obama ultimately blocked the plan, according to the gun seller, despite pleas from Sen. Patrick Leahy and Gov. Peter Shumlin, both Democrats.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/07/vermont-firearms-dealer-to-lay-off-41-because-of-obama-executive-action/

7. georgel

georgel Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I'm glad the attempt was made to push it through if for no other reason to establish the precedent and throw another log on the fire.

An email to the White House press office seeking comment was not immediately returned Friday, but a press release from last August said the administration was blocking the re-importation of military firearms as part of two "common-sense executive actions" designed to keep dangerous firearms out of the wrong hands. The decisions were part of a gun violence reduction plan first announced in January 2013

There they go using that "common-sense" term again and "executive action". More "executive thumb his nose at this nation and it's laws" action to me.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2014
  8. skiles

skiles Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I'll be so glad when they're out of office. Lame ducks.

9. Garyshome

Garyshome Hall of Shame

Part of obamas plan to get everyone OUT of work.

10. YeeHaa

YeeHaa Well-Known Member

Or to this,

They even plan to have Free Purple Cool aid.
    Of course other colors may be made available with a “Sectional Group Request.”
    [​IMG]

11. Swampbilly

Swampbilly Registered Member

I imagine this same crap will also impact the CMP. Already you can look on the CMP website and see far less M1 rifles for sale than there used to be.
    I think their intent is to do all they can to shut down the CMP.

No crimes are being committed with these rifles....it is all about not having these rifles in the hands of private citizens.

Swampbilly