Concealed Carry Renewal "Interview" Required? | Carolina Shooters Club

Concealed Carry Renewal "Interview" Required?

Discussion in 'NC Concealed Carry' started by dukeguy, Jul 15, 2019.

1. dukeguy

dukeguy Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

So, I'm coming up on my second Concealed Carry permit renewal while living in Durham County. I go online to fill out all the forms and here's something new...it seems we are all required to come to the Sheriff's office for an "interview."

When, where and how did this become part of the renewal process?

If anybody out there has been through this "interview," what was it about?

And yes, I'm pissed that I have to take up my Friday morning to meet with someone from the "Concealed Carry Team" (doesn't that sound like a great group of guys), so I can convince them that I should be allowed to participate in a God-given, Constitutional right.

2. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Interesting. We're a shall issue state. That means if you meet the legal criteria that is spelled out in the statutes, the sheriff shall issue the permit. Not might, shall.

A successful interview is not part of the criteria. GRNC might be able to help. @DWFR

3. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

And what do you want to bet the next "interview date" is past your expiration date?? Let's complicate and add more and more crap to keep us from being FREE...

justpassinthru likes this.
  4. Snap1

Snap1 Registered Member

Curious how this plays out, will be watching for updates. Hope it goes well for you.

5. dodges5

dodges5 Registered Member

you are getting upset about and it is not necessary as the interview is actually only one or two minutes

6. FINO

FINO Registered Member

rightfully upset that additional hoops that are not required by law are being asked for. in addition to the infringement to even need a permit. It is a shame so many are willing to lay down and lick the boots of their new master.

Rob42587 and LOOT like this.
  7. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Tag.
    Have fun paying for parking.
    Lock your car up and put pilferables in the trunk.

8. fieldgrade

fieldgrade Hall of Shame

Any additional question/s or steps in the process are illegal as far as the statewide statute is concerned. Be it one or two minutes, or one second.

For those who don’t know... a long, long time ago Durham county was allowed an exception by the state legislature to require countywide gun registration, and was the only county out of NC’s 100 counties allowed such an exception. This was a Jim Crowe era requirement to keep guns out of the hands of blacks and lasted for many years. It was finally reversed in the past five years.

https://www.carolinajournal.com/new...ls-durhams-jim-crow-era-gun-registration-law/

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    LOOT likes this.