Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Staff
8,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like we have 3 out of 4 (grown) children that are gonna take me up on my offer to pay for their CC class, but "THEY" have to pay for their own
application for their CCP application.
So, I know they're gonna ask...does the certificate "expire", or is their any sort of time limit where they will have to apply for their permit within a certain amount of time after they have passed the class?

G

·
It is at the discretion of the Sheriff. Some won't taken a CCH certificate over a year old and others don't care one way or another. The law doesn't speak to any expiration, only that you took the class and have the original certificate.

Sent from my FrankenPad.

· Zombie Task Force
1,991 Posts
He's right, no expiration date, but up to the Sheriff as to whether or not it will be honored.

· Registered
5 Posts
Does Wake County require certificate to be within one year of application? I have a friend that took the CCH
class in Wake County and the instructor told the class that they must apply within one year or they would have
to come back and retake the class.

I looked the Wake County Sheriff Department and the application process online did not mention it. does
anyone know of a NC county that is practicing a one year certificate expiration?

Nice to have an answer for when someone tells me that they were told that.

· Vendor
5,981 Posts
I think the larger counties, Wake, Durham, Meck, all will say it has to be less than a year old. Technically they do not expire but the laws change frequently enough that one that is 3 or 4 years old would have been taught significantly different info as a class taught today.

· Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for the insight. Good to know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts