Convicted felon and firearms | Carolina Shooters Club

Convicted felon and firearms

Discussion in 'Concealed Carry | National 2A Laws' started by carolina sorillo, Feb 28, 2021.

1. carolina sorillo

carolina sorillo Registered Member

Not sure exactly where to post this question, this is the closest to a forum pertaining to laws I could find. Feel free to move it if it needs to be elsewhere.

A group of friends were talking about getting together to shoot some clays. One of them said he couldn't because was a convicted felon.

I thought he could come shoot with us but it's illegal for him to own firearms. What does the law actually say about this?

Thanks,
    CS

2. Jeppo

Jeppo Member

SkydivnShooter likes this.
  3. Remmy

Remmy Registered Member

Possession, no matter how long, is a violation of the law.

good on him for being honest and not putting y’all in a bad spot

9mmEverything and SkydivnShooter like this.
  4. carolina sorillo

carolina sorillo Registered Member

Thank y'all,

I appreciate your quick responses. And yes, I'm glad he was honest with us too.
    So, what we need to do to include him is to find a pre-1898 shotgun! I still have several boxes of BP shells from when I played SASS too.

CS

5. FINO

FINO Registered Member

If a person is safe enough to be allowed to freely live among the peaceful then there is no reason to restrict their ability to defend themselves from those who would do evil unto them. if they are too dangerous to own and bear then they should be prevented from access to peaceful persons. Free persons should not have any of their rights infringed.

6. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

But those with unlawful intent and actions (past or present) should.... They gave up those rights at the moment they decided to throw the law into the wind..

7. Frank Powers

Frank Powers Registered Member

you can steal a bicycle and sneak it across state lines and become a felon. The laws are very dumb regarding felons and firearms. If the felony was not related to firearms why should the punishment be related to firearms?

9mmEverything likes this.
  8. FINO

FINO Registered Member

Where does the constitution say a citizen ever loses or gives up their rights? A person may decide not to exercise rights but they are always there to be used when the choice to use them is desired. there is only one LEGAL wat to change what the supreme law of the land is and it is NOT by the interpretation of any arrogant black robed tyrant(S). note : The US of A is not and never has been a democracy.

rhodney likes this.
  9. FINO

FINO Registered Member