Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paid Bailey Boat a visit today, and picked up my "fire bowl"!....since the trip home took me by the door of JR Cigars...I just had to stop by.

1st...JR ain't what it used to be years ago, when I was into cigars.
With visions of the fire bowl giving warmth and glow to me and Jo...as well as family and friends...I broke down and bought a small humidor, a few Padron 3000 Maduro, and a couple of Ashton VSC Wizards. They didn't have the Padron Delicias Maduro or I would have acquired a box of them.
Humidor seasoning has begun.

·
Premium Member
5,265 Posts
You're gonna love that firebowl..............My plans are in place to have one myself.......just gotta find the materials locally.

Glad for ya! Now light that sucker and start enjoying it!

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Pardon my ignorance, but what are your fire bowls made of? I live on a few acres in the country and generally build a campfire in the trees behind my house, which I occasionally cook on from our wood and basically sit around, drink beer and feed the fire.

And most importantly, can ya throw a grill over it and cook? Love a good steak over a campfire but the only bowls I've seen were thin metal that didn't seem to stay usable very long.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pardon my ignorance, but what are your fire bowls made of? I live on a few acres in the country and generally build a campfire in the trees behind my house, which I occasionally cook on from our wood and basically sit around, drink beer and feed the fire.

And most importantly, can ya throw a grill over it and cook? Love a good steak over a campfire but the only bowls I've seen were thin metal that didn't seem to stay usable very long.
Here ya go...They are VERY heavy duty...should last a very long time! Mine weighs approximately 200#.

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...tle#post925116

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Here ya go...They are VERY heavy duty...should last a very long time! Mine weighs approximately 200#.

http://www.carolinashootersclub.com/...tle#post925116
Lol...ok, I admit I'm technologically challenged (well actually technologically-stupid), so if this is a joke...ya got me man...lol. But when I hit that link, I get this....

"You've reached the end of the internet. Go back. Tresspassers will be shot on site".

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Lol...thanks for the link. Now those things are cool, gotta good thread to go through since I don't feel like working.

LOL!...I have no clue how that happened!
Lol....I thought maybe I died and that was all there was...lol!! More reason to escape and evade work the rest of the day. Gotta keep that link though, just to screw with friends and family.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I'll have some pics today or tomorrow of my fire bowl mods. Putting a drain hole in, and leveling/capping the bottom of the legs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts