Country Rap? | Carolina Shooters Club

Country Rap?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Chris B, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Chris B

Chris B New Member

Well fellas...

I know you've missed me. I'm back!

What do you guys think of the Country Rap genre of music? I've grown to like it over the years. Partially because my buddy Lenny Cooper has been doing it for a number of years and finally got his 15 minutes of fame. He's from the same tiny town I'm from and we come from hangin out, raisin hell, and havin a good time. A true friend.

There a few more talented acts out there that do the same type of music; Colt Ford, The Lacs, JB and the Moonshine Band, Jawga Boyz, just to name a few.

Colt is, by far, the most well known. Lenny's first hit Mud Digger was credited to Colt Ford in it's early days. Matter of fact, that's how Colt came to know of Lenny. These guys have had collaborations with some of the top names in country; Jamey Johnson, Craig Morgan,, Montgomery Gentry, Big & Rich. Again, just naming a few.

These guys have done tours together, collaborations, and just have a good ol' time. Colt and Lenny share a record label with the likes of Corey Smith, Montgomery Gentry, Josh Gracin, Matt Stillwell, and NC's own Sunny Ledfurd (known for his song Pontoon Boat, which references and was filmed on our own Lake Norman)

Now that I've educated you all.. The Lacs are playing tonight at The Boneyard Tavern in Monroe, NC. They're a good crowd and put on a great show.

Anyone insterested in going to see them tonight? I really want to go, but hate going solo...

2. Paracord Joes

Paracord Joes Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Colt Ford....

3. HTP

HTP Guest

Colt Ford - Hip Hop Honkytonk

Sent from my FrankenPad.

4. Daisy Duster

Daisy Duster Gun Control Supporter Club Subscribed

Somewhere Hank is rolling over.

5. Chris B

Chris B New Member

You're likely correct... BUT! Hank was a rebel himself, just like Jr. and III

6. Winchester

Winchester Original Gangsta

Like this

[video=youtube;ur1N3UyT1lE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur1N3UyT1lE[/video]

7. knifeman32

knifeman32 Sponsor Club Subscribed

Thanks for mentioning Sunny. Dugi is actually a friend of mine. I've had a wild night or several with those guys.

8. knifework

knifework Member

This music makes me want to go to the range without earplugs.

9. Geezer

Geezer Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I like Tony Joe White's Swamp Rap.

[video=youtube;P2MBN-RYN4c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2MBN-RYN4c[/video]

10. Revolverman567

Revolverman567 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

i love me some gangstagrass they are one of the bands i enjoy most

11. knifeman32

knifeman32 Sponsor Club Subscribed

Don't get me wrong, I'm very old school in my choices of music. I'm a fan Don Williams, Waylon, Faron Young, Buck Owens, Cash, Haggard, Price, Snow and many others but... I became friends with the lead singer of Sunny Ledfurd years back. He is a Belmont boy and just enjoys having a good time. Don't let the "rap" scenario fool you. He is hardcore country when he gets around a campfire. He toured with the pbr too.

12. ScottE

ScottE Registered Member