COVID-19 | Carolina Shooters Club

COVID-19

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by SkydivnShooter, Mar 18, 2020.

1. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

I have a few questions about the COVID-19 response.

1. The Dare County (Outer Banks) commissioners voted to close their borders yesterday. All they gotta do is block US64, US264, NC12 at Duck and the ferries to Hatteras to accomplish that. They say that you gotta apply for entry on their website. My questions are: can they legally do that? Are Corolla residents now required to access from VA? I grew up in Haywood County, and I-40 runs through the heart of it into TN. Can they close up shop too and block I-40 in and out? Can Iredell County close and block I-40 and I-77?

2. I appreciate that the current president is tryna send us money to stimulate the economy. $500 billion for 350 million Americans is about $1400 each. Where are we gonna spend it? Grocery stores are empty, restaurants are closed, can't go to the mall, Target or WM...

Looking like a Ruger 57 or new Colt Python in my future...

2. Headspace

Headspace Registered Member

I think, when a state of emergency is declared (which it has), laws and regulations regarding free passage can be instituted, and normal laws that protect our freedom to congregate, etc. can be suspended during the emergency. If it is done for the greater good, normal freedoms can be suspended.

3. majicmike

majicmike AKA Studly Hungwell Club Subscribed

preach on brother

4. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

5. Noveske13

Noveske13 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Here is a little tidbit for your pipe to smoke, Wife of a buddy of mine that lives near Bragg was really sick march of 2019. She got through it but had lingering pneumonia that persisted for about 2 months and finally she was well. She was tested last week to see if she had covid 19, she did not BUT further testing showed her sickness nearly a year ago was,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Ill give you three guesses

majicmike and ladder13 like this.
  6. ladder13

ladder13 Registered Member

I was in Italy last May. The last day there I started feeling fatigued, short of breath, and had an awful cough. I could barely walk five steps without getting winded.
    I am not out of shape and go to the gym 5-6 days a week.
    I never thought anything other than it could have been bronchitis as I’ve had it before. My doc put me on meds. I was sick for almost two weeks.
    Now I believe I may have contracted the virus, and my doc had no idea what it was.

7. majicmike

majicmike AKA Studly Hungwell Club Subscribed

It’s a cold

8. Noveske13

Noveske13 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

9. ladder13

ladder13 Registered Member

I was given an antibiotic and some inhalers. I don’t know if it helped or I just got over it. The illness was sort of like bronchitis which I’ve had once before.

stevelystar likes this.