Cowboy Action and Wild Bunch | Carolina Shooters Club

Cowboy Action and Wild Bunch

Discussion in 'Shooting Sports & Competitions' started by Crunchy Frog, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Crunchy Frog

Crunchy Frog Registered Member

Most of the cowboy action matches have started back, with social distancing etc.

My home club is Greenville SC; our monthly match is tomorrow. www.greenvillegunfighters.com

There are now three clubs in Upstate SC holding monthly cowboy matches. Not to mention all the other clubs in the Carolinas. There is a calendar for NC and SC matches at www.carolinacowboys.us

I enjoy Wild Bunch Action Shooting as well, but we don’t have a club in the area offering a monthly match. The annual Carolinas Wild Bunch Shootout is coming up on Saturday August 29, 2020 in Lenoir, NC. Wild Bunch is sort of like Three Gun, with firearms from 1913.

We may have a Wild Bunch match in July in Greenville to warm up for the Shootout. I’ll try to post details once set.

Spectators, visitors and prospective shooters are always welcome. Bring “eyes and ears”; we’re shooting steel.

2. connolpm

connolpm Registered Member

What is Wild Bunch?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Crunchy Frog

Wild Bunch Action Shooting is a separate shooting sport under the SASS umbrella. It’s loosely based on the movie “The Wild Bunch” which was set in 1913. Competitors use a .45 1911 pistol, a pistol caliber rifle and a 12 gauge pump shotgun (Winchester 1897 or Model 12). Like cowboy action we use lead bullets on steel targets and we dress in period military, Cowboy or Mexican clothing.

4. connolpm

connolpm Registered Member

Cool. Thanks for the explanation!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Crunchy Frog

No matches in Greenville in July.