CSC is Planning Something Big For May, Get Ready To Clear The Calendar! | Page 2 | Carolina Shooters Club

CSC is Planning Something Big For May, Get Ready To Clear The Calendar!

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by Silver_Bullet, Mar 24, 2014.

1. houdini

houdini Member

Subscribed.

2. billyh

billyh Semper Ebrius Club Subscribed

Wilmington is a short drive away for those who don't want to deal with Myrtle Beach. I really want to make this one and would love to actually put some faces to screen names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Kyle Dugan

Kyle Dugan Registered Member

For those who don't live in the SE NC area. The range is located about 20 -25 minutes from Little River and Calabash, 15 minutes from Shallotte. Traffic will not be bad in the North Carolina Side. Calabash has great seafood as well as Shallotte and Ocean Isle. If you all want to go to the beach, i would encourage NC beaches anyway, they are a little nicer as far as crowds, dunes, shells and less building congestion compared to North Myrtle Beach. Their are still a lot of hotels in the Shallotte to Calabash area. I would encourage if your for sure your going to make the event to get a room in advance. Also for the ladies who would like to go shopping while their husbands are playing guns with us, you can take 904 down to highway 9 and then get on Hwy 31 all the way down to the Myrtle Beach mall and Tanger outlets or down to Coastal Grand mall or Tanger outlets on 501. Hwy 31 bypasses North Myrtle and Atlantic Beach for those who don't want to drive in a lot of traffic. Please don't let fear of traffic congestion and rowdy bikers discourage you from making our spring shoot. We look forward to meeting as many members as we can and we hope to develop a lasting partnership with you all.
    Thanks for your consideration,
    Kyle

4. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

^ This

BTY Remember to sign up for this, and the earlier you get a place the better. http://www.lowcountrysports.com/products.php?cat=Carolina%27s+Shooters+Club+Spring+Shoot-May+24%2C+2014

We may have some more things to participate in to announce soon at this event.

5. soreshoulder

soreshoulder Retired Staff Member Lifetime Member

[video=youtube;arZdeg_fL-I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arZdeg_fL-I[/video]

6. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

We can now announce a gun shot wound class also.

Range First Aid , 1 hour, $5 ( all goes to charity) Review of basic first aid principals, range bag first aid equipment, and hands on tourniquet introduction. This session will give you a refresher of basic first aid and also assist the new shooter to medical priorities in an emergency.

7. Brangus

Brangus Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

Thanks for pulling this class together along with the other great events SB! I'm looking forward to attending this class and meeting as many members as possible from both of our states.

8. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

Big Thanks to Sneakymedic.

9. Brangus

Way to go Sneakymedic! We may never realize how many people will benefit from this valuable level of first response training you provide to gun owners.

Thanks for stepping up to offer your services to all of our members sir.

10. diablos30

diablos30 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

maybe i can convince my brother to get married on the beach down here...

11. Kyle Dugan

lol absolutely, we can substitute wedding bells with a flurry of gunfire. Hope to see everyone on the 24th, A big thank you to our sponsors and silver and sore for helping coordinate this awesome event as well as sneakymedic for his helpful contribution to the CSC community. Everyone come on out, enjoy some good food, friendly chats and a whole lot of gun fire, lets all sling some lead.

12. soreshoulder

more to come, stay tuned and sign up early.

13. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

hmmm... might have to give myself a birthday present...lol

14. Silver_Bullet

Silver_Bullet Staff

You better come, your in the neighboring county, so no it's too far excuse LOL. It's going to a be good time ;guntoot

Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  15. billyh

billyh Semper Ebrius Club Subscribed

I'll be there. The beauty of writing the schedules is that I can choose what Saturdays I have off. Silver_Bullet if you would like/need a hand about range first aid I am also an EMT.

16. Oneofsix

Oneofsix Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

it's on the calendar, if work will just cooperate then me and the missus will be there.

17. Brangus

It would be great to see you guys Mark! I hope the calendar/schedule works out so you can make it. This is our first big event on the east side of the Carolinas and we want it to be one to remember.

18. Kyle Dugan

Hey guys, i will post an hourly agenda for the event soon, we have a AM and PM 2 gun and 3 gun mini clinic, first aid- gun shot wound class, concession stand and food will be available. Pre-register for a free lunch. A 3gun competition will be held in the afternoon. We have a 5 stand and skeet field available for the day at 6 dollars a round(25 clays) excluding ammo. We will have gun rentals and ammo available for purchase. PTR Industries will be setting up a booth as well as a demo bay for you to shoot a variety of their weapons. Get with Silver or Sore to see who else is coming for vendor space. We have things going on all day so your sure to have an awesome time. Bring comfortable shoes for walking and if you have a 4WD truck or car it may be wise to bring it. Shooting will start at 9, registration and agenda will be starting at 8.

19. soreshoulder

can't wait!

20. vrthomas

vrthomas Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

So I am definitely in. The range is less than 10 miles from my in-laws' house, and its a holiday weekend.

I will be bringing my younger brother in law with me. Are there any limitations on what the non-paying youngsters are allowed to shoot or compete in? I don't mind paying the $20 to register him if it means the difference in participating in any of the events that day.

(and he is good to go as far as safety. I've shot with him 5+ times and he is calm and quick to listen. And a hell of a shot)

21. Kyle Dugan

No limitation at all for shooting, but if they want to compete or participate in the clinic it will be the charge the fee of the event the child is participating in. The only fee that is waved for children is the admission fee. for example you want to bring your younger brother, he is under 16, he doesn't have to pay the fee for the admission but say he wants to join in on the 3 gun clinic and the competition and also wants to eat. his charge will be 5 dollars for the clinic and 10 for the competition and 5 dollars for the food. we will also have a small concession stand with sodas water and small snacks available for purchase if someone wants to eat out in myrtle. i will send an email to you upon your event purchase and ask you how many people you will be bringing as well as acknowledge what event you have paid to participate in. another opportunity we are offering is all day shooting, including demo bays (vendor demos may be subject to charge for shooting their guns). if anybody had any questions please leave me a PM or email me personally at [email protected]

22. Kyle Dugan

Hey guys, the Charity we are donating to is the (SOWW) Special Operations Wounded Warrior project. We have donated to them before and have done a few events on the past for them. The admission fee is going to pay for the cost of the event and all other proceed will be going to charity. If anyone would like to have a basic pistol - rifle class please send me a PM so i can line up an instructor for the day. We can probably give a one hour class for the day in-between events. The 3 gun competition will probably consist of about 15 rifle shots, 20 shotgun shots and 20 pistol shots ( excluding misses for each gun). We will set up fairly basic to complex style stages so we don't overwhelm the beginners but also leave some challenge for the more experienced shooters. Again we will have a AM - PM 3gun and 2gun class for the event. PLEASE everyone interested in participating in the event please pre register online at lowcountrysports.com. This will give us an accurate head count for those attending which events. Shooting will begin at 9 o'clock sharp, the first class will be a 3 gun class at 10:30 followed by the 2 gun class at 11:30. lunch will be served between 12 and 1 o'clock, and the PM 3 gun class will be at 1:30 and the 2 gun class at 2:30. and the mini 3 gun competition will be at 3:30.

You do not have to sign up for the 3 gun and 2 gun events before hand, or the competition. You can pay for those during the event, but if you would like to make it to the event please register online so we can determine how much food to buy for lunch and snacks. Variety of ammo is available at the store and range if need be as well as rental guns I.E. a k47, ar 15, M&P full-size 40 and compacts. As well as shotguns for the skeet and five stand. Skeet and five stand will be 6 dollars a round, 25 shots plus 7 dollars for the shot shells.

Thank you all for taking interest in our event. We hope to see everyone out their having a good time. The beach is about 15 minutes from the range and surf and turf is less then 10 minutes.

23. Kyle Dugan

The clinics and competitions are just for the guys that want to learn more about competition rules and regs as well as learning what gear they may need to get to stay competitive. The range has 12 bays and approximately 5 or 6 will be open recreationally. their are several paper stands available on each bay and certain bays have steel IE the 300 yard rifle range and the 150 yard rifle range. as well as a paper stand on both at the 100 yard marker. We are the largest outdoor range in Northeast,SC and Southeast,NC. we also have a skeet field and a five stand. for those that are interested in the clinics and competition, don't forget to check out our Brownells/LowCountry 3 gun series. We have well over a 3000 dollar prize table for the series and PTR has donated a 308 PTR 91 to one lucky raffle winner at the championship match.