Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been making gear for a couple of years now. Most of my efforts have been in the area of camping and backpacking Light packs, Hammock Tents and accessories. I have made outdoor clothing for my kids too which include rain gear, hats, and pullovers. I recently got back into shooting and have focused my efforts on tactical gear. I have made molle compatible mag pouches for my AR and pistol mag holster for my glock. I am planning to make a custom carry case and range bag for my AR too. Bottom line is I can make most any kind of custom gear that you may need as well as modify existing gear, add a new pocket, add webbing for molle compatibility or whatever you may need.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I believe it will. My machine is all cast iron so it is strong enough. With the right needle it will chew through most anything. For instance I have attached heavy nylon webbing through 3 layers of 1000d codura. As a guarantee, if I can't I will send it back and refund the shipping. That way you won't be out anything. Send me a pm with the details if you are interested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is a sling mod I did the other day. These are vickers slings that needed to have the rings removed and the sling mount permanently attached. $10 and I can modify yours too.

·
3,580 Posts
I'd be interested in seeing some more of your work too. Especially the camping related gear.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Where are you located? Can you repair the seam on Neoprene waders?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm in charlotte as Wahoo95 said. I sure i can do those wadders too. Send me a PM with the details.

Also, i will load up some pictures or Video of some of my other work soon. thanks for the interest.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
This is a hammock tent I made for my boys. It has nose um netting with a zip enclosure and pull outs for stabilization. It also packs up into an integrated sleeve.

This is a messanger bag a made for the boys. They use them for air soft battles. It has a pocket in the lid too.

This are some of the mag pouches I made recently.

·
Staff
7,750 Posts
Would a rather large, light, custom tarp (thinking ripstop or better), for a unique camper awning be within your scope of work?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Would a rather large, light, custom tarp (thinking ripstop or better), for a unique camper awning be within your scope of work?
how about some 7x7 tarps for bug out bag. Lightweight with a few grommets around the edge. In tan or green
I can get 1.3 oz silnylon ripstop in a variety of colors. The material comes in ~5ft wide and as long as you want. They, of course, can be broken down into any configuration from there to create smaller 7X7 tarps if you wish. The grommet points would be reinforced with 1000d codura patches. The Grommets can be placed any where you like but the standard seems to be every 2ft or so. send me a PM if you are interested.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
This is my most recent build. Its a pack that is about 1500 cubic inches. It designed to be subtle but still have a lot of functionality. There is a large panel of pals webbing on the front and 2 smaller panels on each side for molle gear. It has a para cord drag Handel and plenty of compression straps to tighten down the load. It also has a small internal pocket for quick access items and hydration pocket that can carry a 100 ounce bladder. Finally the back has closed cell foam pads for shoulders and lumbar support.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.