CZ is In Talks to Buy All of Colts Assets. | Carolina Shooters Club

CZ is In Talks to Buy All of Colts Assets.

Discussion in 'Firearms News and Firearms related political news' started by rellascout, Jan 11, 2021.

1. rellascout

rellascout Registered Member

2. Dean Goodman

Dean Goodman Registered Member

Colt has made too many bad decisions to count...
    see: https://www.investopedia.com/articles/markets/071315/why-colt-went-out-business.asp

I personally remember action pistol shooters begging Colt for years to make factory 1911's with decent sights, beavertail grip safeties, decent triggers, ambi safeties, beveled mag wells, decent frame to slide fit, fully supported barrels (for major loads), and checkering on the front strap and mainframe housing. And for years we had to buy a Colt and pay a gunsmith another $1000-12oo to get that gun. That is, until Kimber built the CDP and sold it for less than $900. A double stack one might have kept the Italians from putting the Beretta 92 into the US military branches. Similar innovation might have given them the M4 contract. Lots of missed opportunities...

3. WildVepr

WildVepr Registered Member

Maybe this will be a good thing for Colt in the long run. CZ produces nice firearms (disclaimer: I have several CZ pistols and love 'em all) and Colt has some nice product too (love my SAA in .357). It will be interesting to follow this...