Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got a new puppy, Perry, about two months ago. So we are at the point where potty training is going good but is a pain cause he will stand outside for half an our then pee two minutes after going back inside. So last night I'm having this odd dream about some random chick she starts kissing me then I have this really weird feeling and I think I'm having a heart attack because my chest gets really warm, this is in the dream. Only to freakishly wake up startled to find the damn dog licking my face and pissing on my chest.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
My wife got a new puppy, Perry, about two months ago. So we are at the point where potty training is going good but is a pain cause he will stand outside for half an our then pee two minutes after going back inside. So last night I'm having this odd dream about some random chick she starts kissing me then I have this really weird feeling and I think I'm having a heart attack because my chest gets really warm, this is in the dream. Only to freakishly wake up startled to find the damn dog licking my face and pissing on my chest.
LOL

...random chicks....then the alarm goes off!

DS

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He was trying to wake you up, you probably made him pee when you returned tongue.:p
Love it. Yeah I know he was trying to wake me up but still not a fun way to wake up at 4 am, not sure there is a fun way except maybe that random chick.

·
Premium Member
6,001 Posts
It is a pain in the ass, but when I train mine, I stay outside with them until they go, then I praise them, then I bring them back in. There is none of this, let them out, then let them back in stuff. That isn't training them, that is just letting them go outside. They are not associating pissing with outside. They might be pissing when they are outside, but that is just coincidental.

·
Staff
4,624 Posts
If you pad trained him early on, he thinks he's supposed to go inside the house.
You'll have to get him to understand that outside is the new bathroom by taking the pad outside. Praise and reward. Praise and reward. He'll catch on.

·
Registered
8,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
He's a good pup and doing pretty good potty training just had a tough week. The day it happened we had been traveling so a 7 hour car ride then eating a bit late just got him. But I tell ya I've never seen a dog who like riding more than this pup. He just plopped down. View attachment 33346

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.