Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im tired of grinding my own deer using my cheap electric grinder. Any one know of a processor around Apex or Fuquay area that will do it? Just want it ground up, will deliver already quartered and the cuts I want to keep removed. Just want it deboned and ground.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just found them online, .75 a lbd not too bad. Dont like the fact that they combine meat from other orders. How do they know how much you brought in?

·
Registered
319 Posts
They weigh it when u take it, I think they may have a r de boning fee, but i always de bone mine first. There is all a place called Thomas's butcher shop in Sanford and they give you back what you take. I have used both depending on wait times and would recommend either. I will say though that nobles is better for seasoned meat.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah looking to upgrade the garage freezer with a larger one. Would like to put three of four in it for the year, wife doesnt eat deer much but I do. Thanks

·
Registered
603 Posts
I highly recommend Thomas Butcher Shop in Sanford. They are going to start processing on Oct. 15th. They charge you $1lb but you can tell them if you want roast's cut, ground, tenderloin cut up whatever. Usually I just have him do it in a medium breakfast sausage and it turns out really good. He has done 3 of my deer so far and the longest I think I waited was 2 weeks because they do it in batches because they have to clean the machines well before they can butcher beef again. He doesn't hang the deer so make sure it fits in a cooler but if you already quartered it you should be fine.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I just went the other way...
I am tired of paying for someone to do the work for me. $60 round here. that will put the brakes on herd shooting smaller deer, for sure. I have decent meat grinder, but I need a cooler. I am thinking of building one just large enough to hand 8 quarters in without them touching.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.