Dixe Gun Show - Live Thread | Page 3 | Carolina Shooters Club

Dixe Gun Show - Live Thread

Discussion in 'NC Meet Ups, Events, and NC Gun Shows' started by drypowder, Nov 16, 2012.

1. GSRswapandslow

GSRswapandslow Member

I was surprised with the number of attractive women there.....namely a girl in a masters hat and one in od coat and some tall boots.....DAMN!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

2. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    Creeper pics or it didn't happen.

3. Fathead

Fathead Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Got there about 8 stood in line till 9. No biggie, had some nice guys around me to talk to. Got in and started looking. Really looking for a complete upper to sit on my lower. Found a bunch that were 399+ but none came with a BCG or CH. I finally found one complete with BCG and CH with no hand guard (which was fine because I was gonna change it anyway) for 410 OTD. Only one he had so I bought that. Went and found a MOE hand guard and I was done.

Went over to backyard bistro and had lunch with some cool folks.

All in all a pretty good day.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

4. bigfelipe

bigfelipe I'm told I'm pretty awesome... Lifetime Member

^That reminds me, I was surprised at how many BCGs I saw. For such a shortage, there were PILES of them at a few tables. Prices weren't great, around $160 average, but available...

5. ericridebike

ericridebike Member

This was the first time I actually remembered to get an advance ticket & it is they way to go. I walked up around 8:30 & the line was already wrapped around the building. It was awesome to be able to walk right up to the door & skip that line. Was inside within a minute or two of the doors opening. Will be buying advance tickets from now on. Unexpectedly found the CMMG .22 bolt kit that I needed for my dedicated .22 AR build. Wasn't really expecting to find one there, so that made it worth it to me. I didn't think it was the total madhouse that I expected. There were a lot of people that were buying ammo, but really didn't seem to be much more that the usual shows. Didn't really see any price gouging on AR stuff like I thought that i might. Prices were hit and miss as usual, depending on what you were looking for.

Enjoyed lunch with everyone. Was nice to meet a few new people and see some that I've met previously again. Great choice on restaurant as well.

6. A.Pickle

A.Pickle Registered Member

Wow, sent buddy to look for tokarev ammo. He found 2 spam cans.......... Get this. .63 cents a round. Friggin nuts.

7. SlayerNut

SlayerNut Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I forgot to mention in my last post. Fathead (I still giggle when I say Fathead out loud b/c of the story I told lol) and ericridebike, it was great meeting you guys. It's always nice putting a face with a screen name. I really enjoy these meet ups with fellow members. I think this forum has some awesome folks on it and it's great to get out and shoot the breeze with everyone.

8. Fathead

I thought the same thing. Apparently there is a shortage elsewhere because all the vendors we saw today bought them all.

9. Fathead

Great meeting you too man along with everyone else. There are some awesome people on here and it's nice to hang out with them. Great story too, now I'm gonna start yelling out random nicknames at people and see who answers. LOL

10. Joe30045

Joe30045 Registered Member

For those that made it, were there any Mossberg 930's? Specifically the JM Pro models in either barrel length(22" or 24").

11. Phantom Crab

Phantom Crab Member

Heading over this morning.............

12. Catfish357

Catfish357 Registered Member

Have you see this fool?

IMG_1943.jpg

This guy got caught stealing a gun from rocky point guns at the raleigh show this morning. I was glad to see them get him

13. Fathead

uploadfromtaptalk1353269299534.jpg

14. SlayerNut

SlayerNut Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

I wonder why he doesn't have the pretty silver bracelets on?

15. drypowder

drypowder Les Deplorables Club Subscribed

Raleigh, a little east of the Fairgrounds
    Shoulda bought a High Point instead.

16. bikemancs

bikemancs Green Iron Addict Club Subscribed

They may still be "investigating"... making sure they have all their ducks in a row. Not like he's going anywhere with 4 cops around him.

17. Motion

Motion Guest

Not sure that I would turn my back to a suspect that close to me....

Dunno, maybe that is proper technique....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

18. mhuxtable

mhuxtable Member

What idiot steals a firearm from a gun show crawling with LEOs and armed people....

19. jlpskydive

jlpskydive Staff Member Staff Member

Lots of them. You would be amazed at the amount of guns stolen from gun shows. The crowds and the mayhem works in their favor.

20. Brangus

Brangus Lifetime Member Lifetime Member

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

21. Thunderhead

Thunderhead Member

Just got back home from the Dixie Show in Raleigh. All I can say is HOLY COW!!! Are the people crazy or what. I don"t mind payong a fair price for product, but damn if I'm going to pay twice the going rate for parts and supplies. Also very few uppers for AR's and those there were over $400.00 that's crazy. Flat top, 16" bbl (1-9) gas block No hand guards, No sights, No Bolt or bolt carrier group.
    $430.00 for a K of 5.56? Come on.

You could get a decent deal on a safe if you were looking for one.

I have never seen as many RUDE and Arrogant Vendors and patrons at this venue before

Was a waste of time and money IMHO

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  22. Fathead

I bought an upper for 410 OTD, but mine came with BCG and a CH.

23. FNG

FNG Hall of Shame Club Subscribed

I did see some overpriced

stuff... (MORE AR15's than I think Ive EVER seen at a show), but i was actually somewhat surprised at the modest deals there were to be had....

Ex: I saw stripped lowers (not nylon) for $99.... I would have guessed theyd be like $150...
    Also saw decent deals on bulk ammo

But all in all, the big story was the insane line at 9am, the prices werent as wild as I was expecting.

24. tarheelshooter

tarheelshooter Member

I know the deputy in this picture so I'll see if I can get some more info about it.

Got back from the show about 4:30 and prices weren't as bad as I thought they would be.Sold my AK all the mags and all the ammo before I made it down the first row.
    Still didn't find anything to follow me home though.

25. cptbimes

cptbimes New Member

I scored some Hodgdon Clays and 209 primers at Georgia Arms for a ridiculous deal (on the powder at least)

26. NCCruffler

NCCruffler New Member

I thoroughly enjoyed the show. Maybe it was because my brother came from Richmond to go with me, maybe it was the abundance of really good looking women at the tables and just browsing. I can recall 4 in particular that made me pause, take off my hat, put my hand over my heart and say, "God Bless America".

I scored some Hogdeon Universal Clays for my 9X18 Makarov loads, a couple of cans of CCI .22 LR mini mags, and a Chiappa M9-22 pistol to go with my M1911-22 that has never let me down, a soft case for my Hipoint 995 carbine and a couple of hydration bladders. Every vendor I dealt with was willing to haggle and I did not pay the marked price on anything except the powder.

Oh, while I was perusing the goods I had my Hipoint at my side. Ten people approached me and asked if it was for sale. What's up with that?

27. Mr.Gadget

Mr.Gadget Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I don't know, but I was there for both days, seen a lot of deals, Full uppers complete for 440-450, BCG colt marked for 180, some for 150.
    Found some BCG for 100, got 2 from them at that price, barrels, great prices 150-200 for all the cool cals. One guy had a box of bolts 50-60$ each.
    556 ammo, bunch in the 350 per 900 green tip and other 330-340 per 1000.
    Lots of deals.
    There were the normal people that set up at shows for fun, they price there stuff high as they do not care if the sell or not.
    No everyone is ther to sell.
    Some people get a table to be there, be with friends, display stuff and if someone wants it, great.

Maybe it is the person, the way you dress, or act, I do not know.
    But everyone I talked to was great, Hell I had a shirt on that would piss off a lot of people the second day but we still found reason to talk and something good to say.

28. NCCruffler

NCCruffler New Member

Could be Sundays after 1:00 pm is the right time for deals & haggling.
    :)

29. FrontLineDefense

FrontLineDefense Range Owner-Instructor

I was at the front door handing out fliers for our new range. I gave up my 3 tables inside because of the range I'm no longer working the gun shows after Jan 2013. 9,000 people came through on Saturday, and around 7,000 Sunday. As I have my FFL, prices were out the roof. Not because of distributor's but greedy vendors.....
    I'll be at the front door or exit door for the C&E show Dec 15th-16th

When people came back after 4:30 on Sunday, that's when deals happen!!

30. Paracord Joes

Paracord Joes Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

Is it necessary to slam others to build your business? Greedy vendors? I work the shows as well and prices haven't been that out of line.