Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Doomsday Preppers premieres Feb 7 on NATGEO.

--DirtySCREW

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
Ill check it out.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, I can't wait myself!

Some of them you think are "crazy'...but I like thinking outside the box. Kinda like Mel Gibson in "Conspiracy Theory". Truth is stranger than fiction!

--DirtySCREW

·
Registered
78 Posts
i saw the original show with a couple of my youtube favorites...i didn't really like the spin they put on the show...it kind of had a "they are slightly nuts" vibe to it..but it shows that prepping is becoming more "mainstream" more preppers mean fewer fools to worry about if the shtf

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea..but like I said..those "crazy" people are gonna be the ones surviving and the ones others come to during a disaster or shtf. One more reason to buy more ammo so you can protect you and your loved ones.

---DirtySCREW

·
Premium Member
11,811 Posts
I love how the lady was talking about OPSEC and having her years' worth of freeze-dried food delivered at 3am so the neighbors didn't see it....while on national television.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I love how the lady was talking about OPSEC and having her years' worth of freeze-dried food delivered at 3am so the neighbors didn't see it....while on national television.
That's because only us "crazy" people are watching the show! No one else knows! LOL

--DirtySCREW

·
I'm told I'm pretty awesome...
8,590 Posts
Thought that was pretty funny too. Like you couldn't find her if you really tried these days...

·
Registered
78 Posts
you couldn't be more right..lol
there's a video by a prepper on yutube that basically says...i the shtf all YT preppers are gonna be dead...instant targets because they are putting themselves out there...it's a double edged sword...sharing knowlege is awsome,but you put yourself at risk doing it

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
Yeah, I wouldn't let them film my stash. Don't get that part. It will be interesting to see how it's done, but I can see it having the "these people are slightly crazy" twist to it. What happened to NAT Geo...

·
Registered
80 Posts
you couldn't be more right..lol
there's a video by a prepper on yutube that basically says...i the shtf all YT preppers are gonna be dead...instant targets because they are putting themselves out there...it's a double edged sword...sharing knowlege is awsome,but you put yourself at risk doing it
I have always wondered about this myself. I guess it is quite a thin line to walk on as far as how much info I am willing to share versus what I don't want anyone else knowing. Going to the point of not 'outing' myself as a prepper. Granted the few posts I make definitely show this to be the case but again, it is something I spend quite a bit of time thinking about.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.