Dope cards | Carolina Shooters Club

Dope cards

Discussion in 'The Snipers Nest' started by jb2sea, Jan 21, 2021.

1. jb2sea

jb2sea Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

What are you guys using for dope cards? I had found some years back that Velcro onto the gun stock. They were cheap, the Velcro was strong and they have held up really well to all of the wear and tear, as well as the various gun cleaning and lube products. I need to update my cards, but I can't find these online anywhere. I'm seeing rail mount card holders that are fairly expensive. I'm looking for cheap, simple but mainly durable.

I also had found some that attach to the sling. These have worked well too. And they keep the cards away from the gun cleaning products, which helps. But I can't find these online either. Maybe my Goggle-fu is weak??

2. richard corn

richard corn Registered Member

If you want cheap try permanent marker and write data on back of your hand

3. jb2sea

Not looking for that cheap! Plus I don't have enough 'back of hand' real estate to hold all of that data.

4. v8stang289

v8stang289 Registered Member

I do mine in an Excel spreadsheet, then print them off and laminate them with the sheets you can buy at walmart/amazon. I typically just keep them in the zippered compartments in my cheek rests. But they could be velcro'd to the stock or holepunched and attached to a scope ring or something.

5. swallisa

swallisa sen-sen-no-sen Club Subscribed

Index cards and ID holder armband worn on inside of left forearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. carolina sorillo

carolina sorillo Registered Member

I wrote the info on a Post-It note and stuck that on the stock. Then covered that with a piece of clear packing tape.

CS

7. jb2sea

I tried the armband thing. Works well. The up side was that I can put a lot more info on the card in the arm band. So I can include things like different drops for different ammo (more important these days than it used to be), cold bore shot variance, etc. But... I would want to keep the armband attached to the gun, and buying an armband for every gun wasn't such a practical idea. Unless somebody knows a place to get $3 armbands!!

I'm going to try the little 12" Nite Ize Geartie things around the scope base with an index card and see how I like that. Downside is it isn't waterproof. If I like the way it works, I can find some waterproof cards.

8. sawyer

sawyer Registered Member

Find this guy on Facebook. Thats where I buy mine. Sounds like what you're looking for

Attached Files: