1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
187 Posts
What is wrong with their arguments? I'm sure that if someone was robbing a Starbucks, and the cashier told them that guns were no longer allowed, that BG would be completely embarrassed. He probably wouldn't even be able to look anyone in the eye as he left redfaced.

·
Banned
550 Posts
I don't do coffee, let alone corporate "kill off mom & pop shops" coffee, but kudos to Starbucks. Now the wife, she does coffee, so I'll get the wife a few SB gift cards in support.

·
Vendor
6,243 Posts
Yep....SB just got a "favorite" in my GPS...I will stop everytime Igo by it....not big on coffe, but they like my Ruger!! LOL

I am starting a new thread on pro and anti 2A establishments....feel free to help out, and see if rantingredneck or one of the other mods can sticky it. I will review that one quite often....

·
Permanently Banned
2,590 Posts
I honestly prefer Caribou as far as chains go, but having not been there in a while, I don't know their stance of CC or open carry for that matter. One thing is certain....they can boycott and we can frequently do business there. I think we have the numbers to ensure Starbucks comes out ahead.

·
Banned
13,863 Posts
I normally Keurig at home and at work. And I rarely open carry. February 14th I will be open carrying into Starbucks a couple of times.

Anybody want to meet up in Greensboro? Actually I am going to start a thread in meet ups.

·
Premium Member
1,714 Posts
Not a coffee fan and sure as hell not a fan of a place that charges $5 bucks for something that is free in most places. But I am a BIG FAN of their stance on this, so may have to part with some cash just to show the support. May even get the chocolate mocha with the whipped cream and drop my whole pay check!

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
Wow, I have not had Starbucks is quite a while however I may have to stop in and show my support.

·
Dog Defender
2,974 Posts
"A network of 14 million gun victims" Really? Where the heck did that number come from?

·
Premium Member
3,898 Posts
What is wrong with their arguments? I'm sure that if someone was robbing a Starbucks, and the cashier told them that guns were no longer allowed, that BG would be completely embarrassed. He probably wouldn't even be able to look anyone in the eye as he left redfaced.

An oldie but a goodie!

·
Banned
550 Posts

·
Registered
957 Posts
Wife and I are planning on going that day.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
This is the note I sent to Starbuck's customer service address:
I'm not a regular customer. In fact, I'm not a customer at all. The last time I had a cup of Starbucks coffee was almost 10 years ago. Nothing to do with quality. I like your coffee, I just don't drink much of it. But I will be your customer on Feb. 14 of this year. I understand that the National Gun Victims Action Council is boycotting Starbucks on that date to protest your company's support of state and local laws that allow open and/or concealed carry of handguns. Thank you for being sane.

Any gun violence is a tragedy, and I feel for the families and those left behind, however, concealed carry holders and law-abiding gun owners are not the problem. Gun violence happens when criminals illegally use guns to commit crimes. The suburban mom with a concealed carry permit, the attorney or soccer coach who keeps a gun in the car for defense, even open carry advocates who don't mind letting the general public know they are armed -- those people don't commit crimes. Your stores are safer places for having them as customers. The crime rate among concealed carry permit holders, who have to pass extensive background checks, take classes on the laws of self defense, and pass proficiency tests with their firearms, is lower than the general populace, lower even than among police officers. Concealed carry holders are the *least likely* people to commit any sort of gun violence, which is why this boycott puzzles and saddens me.

The National Gun Victims Action Council could do a lot of good if they concentrated on the real perpetrators of crimes rather than those who have spent a lot of time, money and effort to keep themselves and their families from being victims. You would think that the NGVAC would support self-defense. They understand the horror of victimization. Why would they work to prevent someone from trying to keep that from happening? Be that as it may, they are boycotting your stores. I, and many others like me, will gladly make up the difference. Expect a large influx of customers on Feb. 14, many who may not even know what a caramel macchiatto is (what the hell is that, anyway?). They will be there to say thank you. Thank you for recognizing that people have the inalienable right to defend themselves from harm. They have the right to keep their families safe. In a time when paranoia and liability fears cause some stores to prohibit firearms you have not. Thank you. I might even have a caramel macchiato.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.