EDC Belts | Carolina Shooters Club

EDC Belts

Discussion in 'Handguns, Pistol Shooting' started by john39, Nov 24, 2020.

1. john39

john39 Hall of Shame

Gentlemen, which do you prefer, Web belts, Leather, Metal Reinforced? My regular belts aren't up to the challenge. Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,
    john

2. phred

phred Registered Member

I prefer web style belts. Look at Wilderness Products, Nexbelt, and Mastermind Tactics, just to name a few. I’ve been wearing a Wilderness for years, but may retire it soon for something with a smaller buckle to better accommodate appendix carry.

3. xRHINOx

xRHINOx Registered Member

4. Jeppo

Jeppo Member

When they first came on the market, I bought several 30 Dollar Gun Belts. They’re not that cheap anymore but the value is still quite amazing. Because of the price, I couldn’t believe the steel core belt could actually have steel inside. A magnet proved me wrong.

5. fsj80

fsj80 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

6. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Screenshot_20201130-144821_Chrome.jpg My favorite has always been the 5.11 tactical Alta belt with the built in helicopter extraction D ring connector.

Hey, you never know when you might need to be extracted by a helicopter.

7. Jess

Jess Registered Member

Depends on the application for me. A competition belt or EDC may not be the same belt, but they could be. My leather edc belt is usually this one: https://comp-tac.com/belt-loop-lined-kydex-reinforced-contour-comp-tac/
    and it is also works very well for competing where a inner/outer belt is not allowed.
    Vedder make a quality nylon belt with a cobra buckle that fits most belt loops. This is another edc or competition belt. Have used it for years and have been very happy with it.

CR speed, Double Alpha Ghost, and others make quality competition gear as well.

8. High ground

High ground Registered Member

Blue Alpha belts FTW! Cobra buckles fit through belt loops. Love my wilderness belt as well however the hook and loop has about had it.

9. DKnoch

DKnoch Registered Member

My favorite gun belt I’ve ever had was a thick leather belt I bought at a gun show maybe 8 years ago. I should’ve wrote down the guys name that made them, I got my regular belt size and it barely fit over iwb holster. I soon outgrew that when I gained a couple of pounds, due to my mistake in not going up in size.
    I tried some different nylon belts but wasn’t crazy about them (they weren’t super tactical nylon belts, but manufacturers stated they could iwb carry).
    I just bought a leather belt from Hank’s Belts and it’s very thick and stable. I’m thinking I’ve finally found a replacement for my very first real EDC belt. I’ll probably change the buckle out eventually, just due to my preference. Everyone needs a leather belt anyway (if you ever dress up that is) so I’d recommend finding a thick leather belt and giving it a try. If you don’t like it for carry, try a nylon belt or some other type

Attached Files:

10. Ben-Had

Ben-Had Registered Member

Longhorn90 and DKnoch like this.
  11. RJT

RJT Club Subscribed Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Kore Essentials is the best I have used. I own 5 in different styles and colors.

12. nature boy

nature boy Styling and profiling Lifetime Member

Ares gear the best belt ever

13. Todd

Todd Registered Member

I wear a crossbreed double bull hide leather belt that I've had for probably 8 years and shows little wear and plenty stiff.

14. Longhorn90

Longhorn90 Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

I have used Hanks Gunner Stitched belts for several years now. They hold up well, and are nice and thick to help carry even full sized pistols IWB or OWB. Before that I used Milt Sparks which were also excellent, but Hanks are much cheaper and I could never find Milt Sparks in stock when I needed one.

Ben-Had likes this.