Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Southern Community Bank was recently bought out by Capital Bank. They are going through their merger process, new ATMs, new Debit cards, etc. Also noticed a Gunbuster sign, and "No Concealed Carry" on the door yesterday.

I will talk to the manager and see if there's any changing their minds before looking for a new bank.

Just FYI

·
Eleutheromaniac
3,622 Posts
Thanks for the heads up sore.
I check and see if the branch I'm going to tomorrow is posted.
I'll also have reason to check the other branch in town later in the week.
It's a good thing I haven't bought a bunch of checks yet...
:(

·
Eleutheromaniac
3,622 Posts
Well, I stopped by the Downtown branch ( Mount Airy) and this was what I saw:

Please don't let the dead-sexiness of my partial reflection distract you from the severity of this situation.

I didn't have a chance to speak with anyone as they were packed with a lot of people (none of which looked happy, I guess the transition isn't going as smoothly as they had hoped).

I sent an email to Paul Valone @ GRNC and he said that they were looking into a single bank to target.

I'm really going to miss SCB&T, the Capital Bank online setup sucks...

I'll call Capital tomorrow and attempt to go up the ladder and see if there is someone who can be "gotten to"...
(insert angry emoticon here)

·
Registered
485 Posts
I am a member of the SECU and their signs state NO Concealed weapons. This sign however just says NO Weapons so I would take it that it would mean no concealed or open. JMHO!

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
No SUNGLASSES even? Good Lord, I'm just trying to keep from having cataracts at a young age!!! Can't even be responsible anymore without someone trying to have a problem with it...hey, I think they are profiling me!!

Glad I don't bank with them...

·
SlayerNut - RIP
13,354 Posts
No sunglasses???

WTF?

I would be testing that sign every time I entered just to see what they would do. Seriously, what the heck would they do, call the cops and say "he just came in, he's wearing sunglasses - PLEASE come quick! - HELP!!"

·
Registered
5,325 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, my SECU branch has a "No Sunglasses" sign on their door too? I know that I have been asked to remove my sunglasses at the drive thru when cashing a check.

·
Premium Member
1,394 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, my SECU branch has a "No Sunglasses" sign on their door too? I know that I have been asked to remove my sunglasses at the drive thru when cashing a check.
These people are unbelievable. My gosh, I'm beginning to think "dumbass" is an airborne pathogen...

·
Registered
260 Posts
I guess that was because they wanted a good look at your face to match it with the picture on your ID (I assume they asked for your ID when cashing a check). My guess is that the glasses/hoods policy is mostly for identification purposes, both when you are transacting business, and so that people might ID you when they show the grainy surveillance tape of your knocking off the bank on the news that evening.

·
Premium Member
11,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
they probably have facial recognition software, which is why the no-sunglasses rule.

Anyway, the manager at the branch is pro-2A, as we had a conversation with them about it when we set up the CSC account there. My guess is that this is a corporate decision, which sucks for them if its true.

the online banking/ ATM system they are using blows chow also.

·
Premium Member
11,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some history:

http://gunscarstech.com/2012/08/27/capital-bank-doesnt-care-if-you-live/

By wizardpc on August 27, 2012, at 12:02 pm

Back in June I mentioned that the company that bought the local bank I had been using has a corporate policy of posting "No Permit Holders Guns Allowed."

When I informed the local branch manager that I would be closing all of our accounts, I got this email in response:

Capital Bank's decision to not allow guns in the branches is to protect the customer as well as the staff in the event of an altercation/misunderstanding. Please know that we're not banning people but the weapon.

It took 5 days to get that response, which to me means my email got sent up the chain and this was the language that came back down. It's horrifying when you think about it-they are literally more concerned with someone defending themselves than they are with customers and tellers getting killed by a guy who is in the process of committing multiple violent felonies.

And, by the way, ignoring their sign. This apparently makes sense to someone.

When my wife went to close the accounts last week (it takes time to switch over all the direct deposit and bank draft stuff), the same branch manager asked the reason we were closing our accounts. When my wife told her, the response was something along the lines of "We consider a successful robbery one where everyone goes home" and "We're trying to prevent what's known as 'a shootout.'"

Are you freaking kidding me? I guess corporate policy is to not call the cops or trigger an alarm until well after the bad guy is gone. They don't have armed security at these branches, presumably for the same reason.

That's two separate instances where we were told they'd rather no one defend themselves. With no security and no other means to protect their customers and employees, you have to consider that they just don't care about your safety.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Now there are a few banks following in these steps like such included Bank of America Wachovia and Wells Fargo are all on the anti gun kick in every way imaginable including dropping manufacturers distributors and such in all aspects of the firearms community more changes are sure to follow

·
Premium Member
2,911 Posts
The BOA that I use (Brier Creek) is not posted. I CC there frequently.

·
Eleutheromaniac
3,622 Posts
Does anyone know anything about PNC bank?
From what I could see of their online banking interactive demo, it looks nice.
When you google "PNC bank concealed carry" they appear to be 2a friendly.

I'll try to drive by the one PNC branch here in town tomorrow and do some reconnaissance.

·
Premium Member
7,877 Posts
...we had a conversation with them about it when we set up the CSC account there...
I may not have much of a dog in this fight since I'm not subscribed, but can I assume that you've moved the CSC account? I'd rather keep the money buried out back in a mason jar than let someone who's so mamby-pamby anti play with it. I don't mean to speak down to anyone (as I am by no means some banking expert), but you know that's what they do with your money...they go play with it and make more money for themselves.

Knock on wood, SunTrust does not post, at least not the branches I frequent. In fact, if I can dig that far back, I believe they actually removed their signs that used to be there before the law changed.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.