Effective alternatives to the NRA? | Carolina Shooters Club

Effective alternatives to the NRA?

Discussion in 'National 2A Law' started by Steve Sellers, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Steve Sellers

Steve Sellers Active Member

All,

What national gun-rights/2a groups do you support? I'm looking for alternatives to the NRA if there are any - they lost my support several years ago when they caved and started giving voice to the "modern sporting rifle" and "sporting purposes" lines of argument.

Who do you support and why?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. RedneckFur

RedneckFur Well-Known Member

The Gun Onwers of America (GOA) and Grassroots NC (GRNC) Are good groups to support.

Butter, NonamehaveI and fishgutzy like this.
  3. lucky13bullets

lucky13bullets Lifetime Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

all of them, including the NRA

4. I too try to support all or at least the majority of gun owners/gun rights associations? While I am not always proud of their stance or their opinions, I will still stand with the NRA because they truly are the last major force stopping the grabbers. I know how much they have given up and given in, and it is truly sad. Most of the other organizations don't have the members or means to stand up to the gun grabbers.

It's kind of like keeping a vicious dog chained up in your yard, eventually, one day, you know it might bite you, but it helps to keep the bad guys out. We cannot put all of our faith or hope in the NRA, but right now we don't have a great deal of choices.

Just my 02ยข

5. 5string

5string Active Member

Yea, there're all good, but all of them together can't equal the NRA, for worrying the %$#& out if them.

Noway2 likes this.
  6. Goofyfoot2001

Goofyfoot2001 Active Member

I will agree that the sporting arms argue should not be used. It is plain and simple the 2nd amendment. It has nothing to do with sport shooting, hunting or personal protection.

7. Noway2

Noway2 Well-Known Member

Nationally, the GOA and SAF (second amendment foundation). Here in NC, there is GRNC. I also paid the $15 and supported the VCDL when we had that reciprocity nonsense a while back, and they're a model for grass roots gun organizations.

I too support the NRA even though I don't agree with them on some things because they are the 800 lb gorilla and the gun grabbers fear them. I've considered buying the lifetime membership to have voting rights because that would be one way to change the things I don't agree with.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jerz_subbie likes this.
  8. newboy

newboy Registered Member

I tore up my driver's license, too, because I don't like how some people drive.
    And, I dropped out of school, because I didn't like the teacher.
    And, I left the last shooting forum because someone didn't agree with me.
    And I left my wife because she couldn't make biscuits.

Yeah, I don't agree with everything they do; but don't think their decisions aren't made by people who have more information than you do.

5string likes this.
  9. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

NRA is the only pro gun organization that is ever mentioned by the press. If they weren't a big deal they wouldn't be as feared by the politicians as they are.
    I also don't agree with everything they do or say but as was mentioned, they are the 800 pound gorilla in the room. Until something better comes along I'll stand pat....

10. trcubed

trcubed well...bye Lifetime Member

NRA, GOA, GRNC, SAF, and JPFO.

If anyone understands the importance of the Second Amendment, I figure the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership has a pretty good idea.

11. jerz_subbie

jerz_subbie Active Member

As much as we all disagree with things the NRA has done/said at some point, they remain the only national gun rights group with teeth. Libs fear them like no one else. For that reason, I got a lifetime membership, but I also support GRNC and GOA.

12. Friday

Friday Just the Facts Ma'am.

NRA to keep the National picture in check,
    GOA to keep the NRA in check,
    GRNC to keep the NRA in North Carolina in check.

mikep7m10 and FlatFender like this.