Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
3,908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I know I am always plugging books and all but this one is the absolute best I have seen in a while. It is a children's book in the "Life's Challenges" series and called
Life's Challenges Night Dad Went To Jail "What to Expect When Someone You Love Goes to Jail"

No kidding. Here is the link at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Lifes-Challenges-Night-Expect-Someone/dp/B005PP0O5G/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

The reviews are an absolute scream.

A little over a year ago my Baby's daddy got hooked up for trying to solicited a tranny on harbor Blvd near Disneyland. This was the second time he had been busted in the pas year for this and I could not afford to pay bail for tree fitty and he got into a fight in city jail and got tree months in the slammer...I saw this book on Maury Povich so I got little Chuy this book, he loves it!!! he still does not understand why daddy got arrested for trying to get a Tranny but this book make him understand not to be bad when he gets old and stuff
I bought this book for my 2 daughters, Betty Jo and Bobby Sue. They wanted to know why mommy went to jail and not daddy? They said daddys always go to jail for beating mommys or for using their kids as runners on the corners. Now after reading this book, the girls want to know if they can go visit their mom and stay over for the weekend, as they think we are just seperated and I am trying to come up with a way to tell them that their mother is a tramp and prostituted herself to support her gold paint huffing habit. They are even asking why the mailman is not coming into the house anymore to deliver the mail, he just puts it into the mailbox, go figure. I'll have to remember next time not to pick my next potential mate by hanging out at the methadone clinic, then I might not have to go thru this again.
The girls asked why we had to read a book about someone going to jail, as they say all their friends have at least one of their parents in jail. To make things right, I'll be having them watch some Lil Wayne videos to reset their expectations to be more in line with reality.
This Book has really helped my sons LaMichael And Dontarius through a difficult time. This book explained to my 5 year old and 3 year old where exactly their father was going. My Boyfriend of 6 years is doing a 15 year bid for Distribution and Trafficking of a controlled substance and pergy. They said my baby daddy lied under oath. Now my sons know where they are going once a month when they see their father and why he can't come back home or take them to Pappadeux after church anymore. I hope more people read this book so their sons won't be confused about what jail is. I hope they can forget about this awful experience and I hope I can find them a new daddy child support is a no go now that Houston (My baby daddy) Is locked up. One thing I didn't like about the book was that the characters were rabbits now my sons think that zoo animals are at the jail and ask to see the animals every time they visit.
I bought this book for our adopted Ethiopian son the night my life partner was arrested for grand-theft auto at a Peter Piper's Pizza in Tulsa.

I knew that one way or another we were going to have to break the news to Billy that his other daddy was going away for a while, that both of his daddies still loved him very much, and that everything was going to be okay. And this book delivered all that, but it fell short of giving Billy an accurate picture of what his daddy was going through.

Where are the stained bunk beds? The blazing fluorescent lights? Where's the creepy bunny with the missing ear carving a swastika on the wall with a plastic spoon? Where's the toilet sangria? Where's the bunny snitch that gets shanked by a member of the Aryan Brotherhood?

And about that... Bunnies? Now my kid thinks going to jail is like a trip to Mr. MacGregor's garden. If incarceration is like it is depicted in this book, sign me up! God knows my kid wants to visit now.

Thanks to the author's so-called "sensitivity to children's delicate and irreplaceable sense of innocence," I'm going to have to explain to my kid the difference between the Crips and the Bloods. I'm going to have to teach him the cigarette value of a piece of fresh fish, the dangers of Hepatitis C, and how to fashion a toilet papier-mache chess set.

"Ernest Goes To Jail" did a better job of scaring kids away from a life of crime.

·
Disposable apparently
12,243 Posts
I love this obviously tongue in cheek review:

I am not currently in prison, but I as I may be going soon, this book has really helped me set expectations for my children.

You see, I am currently working on a dooms-day device that should (fingers crossed), help me extort trillions from the world's governments*. After my research grant was revoked for "questionable practices" and "dangerous methods" I moved my base of operations into my garage where I continued by using myself for testing. I know, it's a tired old story, but blah, blah, blah...radiation...overexposure...super smarts...insanity...compulsion to wear tight costumes... Anyhow, chances are if you are reading this you are already my slave, but in the event that I fail, I need something to tell my kids. You know, if movies have taught us anything it boils down to:

1) Americans are all supermodels
2) Some dude in a cape will probably thwart my plans

Oh well, we do what we can.

*Assuming that the global economy doesn't collapse before I am ready to launch my scheme.
That is awesome. Thanks for posting this. I needed a laugh today.

·
Ar Hugger. Carpe diem per guttur .
12,561 Posts
I bought this book for our adopted Ethiopian son the night my life partner was arrested for grand-theft auto at a Peter Piper's Pizza in Tulsa.
That has got to be one of the most attention grabbing opening lines I've ever read.

·
Banned
4,223 Posts
Haven't laughed that hard in a while.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts