Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Les Deplorables
12,558 Posts
LOL. I think it's well-settled that 'cleaning' your gun is just about the most dangerous thing you can do with a firearm.

·
Zombie Task Force
1,972 Posts
Someone needs to step up and offer a firearms cleaning safety class. There are clearly more ND's while cleaning firearms than at the range.
It's funny you mention that, the CCH class is required to have cleaning as an element. Now the question is how to get the people that shoot themselves and others while cleaning to attend the class ;)

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
How hard is it to make sure the chamber is clear?

·
Zombie Task Force
1,972 Posts
I'd settle for them being absolutely sure they are pointing the muzzle in a safe direction.

·
Banned
2,834 Posts
In my perfect world, to purchase a firearm one would have to go to firearm's bootcamp where any infraction was met with any overly amount of yelling, screaming and oppressive physical exercise until the firearm purchaser was deemed competent to handle a firearm. I know, that would infringe on the purchasers 2A rights and we can't have that so let's continue to bash those that shoot themselves, the American way of learning firearms safety.

·
Premium Member
5,318 Posts

·
Banned
3,959 Posts
Fayetteville?
Luke, are your neighbors ok? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL...Definetly not me. I have a designated room (man cave) where I clean my guns. It is upstairs and I only take the firearm and the cleaning material upstairs. I make sure there is no ammo in the room, and when I take the weapons upstates the slide is too the rear. I do this to set the example for my wife and daughter so they don't get lazy habbits.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.