Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been looking around online and came across some Feg Hi Power 9mm going for about $250.
Does anyone have experience with one of these clones. Ive also seen a few other distributors selling them as well and wanted to know if they are worth it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I've had a Browning operating style PJK-9HP for several years now and absolutely love it. It's one of the smoothest, straightest, and reliable shooting pistols I've ever shot and has a amazing trigger to boot. Only issue I've EVER had was a few weeks ago my front sight post feel off at the range during firing and now I'm having a bit of a time trying to track down a new one. I paid $350otd for mine completely refinished with new springs and hammer and will never regret it.

FEG's copies are completely identical to Browning's original design and from my understanding all parts interchange as long as the FEG is a Browning style operating system and not the S&W system.

http://feghp.blogspot.com/2010/02/decoding-feg-hi-power.html

·
Premium Member
2,412 Posts
Ive been looking around online and came across some Feg Hi Power 9mm going for about $250.
Does anyone have experience with one of these clones. Ive also seen a few other distributors selling them as well and wanted to know if they are worth it.
Buy it!

I have owned several FEG, FN and Browning Hi-Powers. I like FEGs, because they are less expensive to purchase. There are at least three FEG clone versions of the Hi-Power. As mentioned earlier, Browning, or FN Hi-Power parts, will NOT work with the FEG model, that has S&W type internals. After-market grips may have to be "fitted" for the FEGs. With the FEGs I've owned, all internal parts interchange with FN or Browning HiPowers. FEGs can have a better finish than some FN, or Browning, models. Numrich Arms is a good place to get FEG Hi-Power parts. Browning USA is cheaper than Brownells or MidwayUSA. Shipping costs make a difference.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Find on older one that is a clone of the Browning internals. I have one and it is accurate, reliable and an overall great pistol. The clones with the S & W internals are not known for their reliability. I keep mine as my truck gun.

·
Pistol Shooter
181 Posts
If it's the PJK-9HP, yes that's a good gun. I had an FEG PM9 and the lock up was different. It locked up on the frame rails and on mine it started to peen the frame rails after a couple hundred rounds. I traded that away as soon as I saw that and bought a used Browning HP. I now have 3 FN/Browning HP's and an Inglis HP, I'd still buy a PJK-9HP for $250 without hesitation.

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
I will have one of these next week. I called Sarco and they confirmed these are Browning design so I ordered one. I'll post an update here when it arrives.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.