Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I saw some comments this morning on local news station FB page like "good" and "karma" and "cops kill plenty of people, it's time they got some".
Makes me phuqing sick. What in the hell is the matter with people
Tolerance, that's what.

· Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Do they think it was a handgun because of the ammo or something else? It seems to me if it because of the ammo it could easily have been a pistol caliber carbine. Crap, Hi-point carbines are cheap and effective at what they do, and shouldn't be too hard of a shot at that range on a stationary target.

· Premium Member
3,166 Posts
The members of the black community in Ferguson may have valid complaints, but they have done little to help themselves. Two-thirds of Ferguson's population is black, so changing city government and how it operates would be a simple matter of going to the polls and voting, particularly since the last several city elections have had voter turnout percentages in the low teens. While more than half of the registered black voters voted in the most recent presidential election, only 6% bothered to vote in the most recent city election.
Don't you dare bring that logic in here! Kind of how I tell people that you can't complain if you don't vote. You are either part of the process or you aren't.

· Premium Member
3,166 Posts
Unfortunately, if you have two candidates that stand for the same thing, then voting won't get you anything. Many believe that the Republican Party and the Democratic party are two sides of the same coin controlled by the same corporate/banking interests.
That's the coup with a two-party system. You just control both parties and you control everything.

And you you can certainly complain if you do not vote. It's a Constitutional right.
And a local election is a lot easier for someone to have a grassroots campaign. There was a guy in VA that was elected mayor right out of high school. No ads were up, didn't put any signs up, no commercials, just spoke his mind and got the votes to back him up. If they aren't even part of the process, it is hard to say the process isn't working. Now if this was the way it was and there was even a 50% turn out(high for American standards), then I may have a different view on it.

Reactions: NoKimberDave
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.