Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Off to Greener Pastures
6,483 Posts
Some are asking that they do just that. Disband the current department and rebuild from the ground up.
They should disband it. The cops should all go else where. The community can hire new ones with the correct skin tone.

Then we can all sit back and watch what happens. It would be educational. I predict it ends up like Detroit.

6,483 Posts
I don't think those protesting have asked for officers with a particular skin tone, just for officers that won't treat them differently because of theirs.
I disagree. They want black police officers and will not be happy with anything else. And, that is fine. With nearly 70% of their population being black, they should have that if they want it.

They will find that they will still be pulled/ticketed/arrested/get their ass kicked for breaking the law and acting like dumbasses though.

Go to China Town and the Chinese police will still give you a ticket for speeding even if you are Asian.

6,483 Posts
IIRC, there was some study/analysis that showed that black cops shoot blacks at the same rate as white cops. Those racist bastards! o_O
That's why I mentioned Detroit. Most racially diverse PD in the country. And one of the most hated by their citizens.

Grass is always greener...errrr whiter....er blacker.

What it all comes down to is this for me: despite thee best efforts of many lawyers and different government agencies all the way to the very top, they were able to prove only one thing:

Officer Wilson was telling the truth. His version of events is precisely how it occurred. That's it.

As it turns out: the douchebag who robbed the fella ten minutes earlier is not the poster child for lack of justice. Actually, to those that actually care about JUSTICE, it is officer Wilson who is the poster child for lack of justice.

And maybe that poor bastard who not only got robbed and assaulted by said douchebag, but was later looted repeatedly by the "community" there. Justice my ass.

As far as a few white cops making racist jokes: I hope they don't come for Dave Chappelle next because I love that guy.

6,483 Posts
"They" do? If you have heard/read that, I don't know that that person was speaking for every resident of Ferguson. The message I've heard pretty consistently is that they want a police department that is reflective of the community with officers that live in the community. I would think most folks would want that for their town/city.
By "they" I mean the residents of Ferguson. I think the message you heard would mean a police dept. with around 70% of the force being black and living in the area. That's fine. They should get exactly that.

I am not trying to be a smartass. I actually believe that is what they should get and that is perfectly fine and totally reasonable.

I just think they will end up with precisely the same arrest statistics, at best. Being from Oakland, in my experience, black police officers are just as likely to put up with bullshit as white ones. Which is not likely.

6,483 Posts
Don't you dare bring that logic in here! Kind of how I tell people that you can't complain if you don't vote. You are either part of the process or you aren't.
Unfortunately, if you have two candidates that stand for the same thing, then voting won't get you anything. Many believe that the Republican Party and the Democratic party are two sides of the same coin controlled by the same corporate/banking interests.
That's the coup with a two-party system. You just control both parties and you control everything.

And you you can certainly complain if you do not vote. It's a Constitutional right.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.