Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
I didn't know a police officer could take away anyone's freedom? I thought that could only be done by a judge and jury?
The fact that police have falsified evidence is nothing new or even uncommon these days let alone in the past. I know people whom have served time because a dirty cop falsified evidence.
Come on krabba, let's go to the range and try this out. 3 shots, no practice, and get 2 hits on target (the entire target counts not just head shots). It'll be fun!
Hits at 125yds with a handgun on stationary man sized targets isn't difficult. While I don't doubt there could be more to the shooting its not really a stretch to see someone getting a couple random hits at that range.
What issues? If you actually read the DOJ report, it is blatantly a hit piece. Its provides facts and figures and then draws a conclusion that is the exact opposite of those facts and figures! That kind of work would get you fired, even at a liberal university.

For example. The report says that 93% of the arrests in Ferguson are black. By itself that number seems horrible, proof of the problems in Ferguson. But when factored against Ferguson's population mix and national criminality statistics, it is proof of the exact opposite. It should be higher!

The report goes on to lament about Ferguson's racial mix at the police department. But never provides any factual basis to show that the mix is due to racial hiring. It simply tries to use the mix as proof in and of itself. Something anyone with intelligence and lack of bias can see straight thru. To actually prove its point it would have to show a trend of black applicants who were not hired. The reason it skips all this - lack of black applicants. Well, you can't hire those who are not applying for jobs. Same with the Judges and City Council. The report goes as far as blaming whites for the fact that the black community comes out for Nov national elections, but not for April local elections.

I ma not saying that one or more officers at the Ferguson FD aren't racists or assholes. But the DOJ report is proof that the PD itself is not the primary issue.
Seven bigoted or off color emails =/= proof of racism.

Statistics presented without context =/= proof of racism.

Anecdotal accounts from unnamed sources about unnamed officers =/= proof of racism.

But, it was printed on DOJ letterhead and that was all that was needed to generate the desired headlines so the weak-minded believe it.

Wasn't necessary. Mike Brown getting shot is all the proof some required. Hell, the "community wouldn't be upset if it wasn't true" is offered up as evidence.
I'm assuming everyone just glazed over the stuff that points out how they were essentially running a for profit court system full of needless stops, arrest, tickets, and add on fines all targeted at a population of poor people whom have no recourse. I saw a lady in a TV interview with a stack of tickets where she and her teen sons have been stopped roughly 30+ times over the past year and ticketed for unwarranted offenses. The missed time at work for court appearances have had a significant financial impact on her family.

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
I love how easy it is for some to dismiss the significance of the emails, however I get it. Those who dismiss them as worth nothing don't see the big picture. There's report of unfair or biased policing in the department butamy find that hard to believe. Why, because surely if that were true it would be dealt with swiftly once a complaint was filed correct? Well when the leadership shows lack of respect for those whom they happen to comfortably joke about what are the chances for any complaints to be investigated? Doesn't matter if its 1 email or 100 it still shows a sign of a deeper issue...especially when it comes from people who can effectively take away your freedom yet are trusted to protect and serve. Its all good though because I know some of you have never seen some of the ugly things I have up close and personal so it makes it stuff if myth. Also, nobody has said that many if not most of those arrested, fined, etc didn't deserve it. The problem is when your view is so clouded by that you overlook the unwarranted cases against innocents. Its no different then painting all gun owners as nut case out for blood vigilantes because of the actions of some lunatic that does something stupid. Amazing how everyone can easily stand up and speak against that.
Sorry for the soapbox but I've seen my fair share of dirty police work and know that it isn't myth so I'm a tad more sensitive to this stuff compared to those who have walked through life in a different set of shoes. And this coming from a man who has never been arrested or in major trouble. Don't assume that since my background is clean I haven't seen what's behind the dirty blue curtain. I was taught to respect LE and not judge them all because of the actions of the few, however life has also taught me not to blindly trust them either.

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
What is that exactly?
That's when you purposely pick out drivers to follow looking for any random reason to pull them over and leave them with a handful of tickets. If I were a cop I'm pretty sure I could follow you long enough on any given day to find a reason to pull you over then find additional things to ticket you for. The lady in the interview said they'd even been ticketed for things like broken tail lights when there's worked perfectly fine. Still cost them a trip to court.....unless they just paid the fine which she would because she couldn't continue to miss work for court dates and keep a job.
I recognize this is hard to believe for some folks based on different life experiences. That's pretty obvious when someone attempts to make a comparison to a DUI stop from 25yrs ago. My question is how many times have you been stopped since then? And if you want me to believe that you've never driven after a single drink since then don't waste your time because I'm not buying it unless you no longer drink period.

I frequently entertainment clients in the Southpark area of Charlotte. Why, because I know local PD doesn't work the area near as hard as they do some other areas even though they'd be able to write DUI's all nite every night in Southpark. Instead they choose to focus on other areas because that's what they're instructed to do. Keeps the complaints down and doesn't affect the cash flow to the businesses in the Southpark area.

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
I gave you anecdotal evidence which is no different than what others give unless you yourself get pulled constantly.

Not good enough? Too bad.

Not to mention the number of shootings elsewhere in the city is higher.

And while were at it. You don't know a damn thing about me. How or where I grew up. You're making assumptions yourself based on what I shared. No different than what you're railing against.
Okay so you were pulled over 25yrs ago because you were drinking and driving and the cop lied about reading you your rights? I'm sorry that happened to you but you were driving under the influence so him lying about the mistake that would halve gotten you off the hook doesn't impress me nor does it prove any point. Impress me by telling me what its like to be followed and even pulled over by the same cop on a regular basis in your own neighborhood even when you're doing nothing but minding your business. Tell me what it feels like to be patted down at gunpoint then dragged from your hotel room all because you fit the description only to watch some dirty cop search your car and attempt to leave drugs in it. Tell me your experience of being ticketed for not wearing a seat belt or when you were wearing one on multiple occasions. Tell me how you've been thrown face down in gravel and had a knee to your neck cutting off your breathing all because you were hanging out at the carwash driving a car you obviously couldn't own. You're right, I don't know you or your walk so please know that I wasn't making assumptions. I was however pointing out the short sightedness of your comparison. You very well may have had some bad run ins but hour chosen example doesn't say that.
Like I said, it strikes a personal chord with me when I hear people tell me biased and dirty policing doesn't exist when I know I've seen it first hand.

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
Seems awfully difficult to effect positive change by ambushing police...

Probably could've just had a community luncheon and gotten a lot more done.
I totally agree that harming cops is the wrong way to approach this whole thing, however you have to remember these are people who feel the whole community luncheon idea wont work and will only lead more people telling them their issues with the department arent real. I mean does anyome expect their concerns to be heard and handled by those in leadership who are comfortable enough to have racially insensitive discussion over city owned computers/networks.

I invite you to show me where I said there are no dirty cops or that what happened to you never happens.

Your examples may be more numerous and severe than mine but I was merely sharing my experience. The way I read your post you basically accused me of white privilege.

I never once said that you were lying or that it doesn't happen. Hell I even sided with you when you were describing that CNN special on those shitbag cops in NYC.

I may not be you, but this ain't my first rodeo either.

Yes there are some bad cops but not every person who gets arrested is innocent.
Not accusing you of WP, just pointing out the difference between what you experienced 25yrs ago and what some experience daily. The distinction is important so you don't have people confusing the For Profit abuses Ferguson had going on with the For Profit antics of the various small towns across the country who target out of towners with speeding tickets.

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
If they were aiming at either they would have missed. My guess is they took pretty dang careful aim above their heads to be able to pull it off.

Your thoughts on where (or at what) they were aiming?
I think they were aiming at the cops in general. Wouldn't need to aim as high as many would believe. Plus an untrained shooter wouldn't understand that concept anyways.....heck there are people here that still believe bullets travel in a straight line ;)
As for the claim that they weren't aiming at the cops....I think that's just a ploy to avoid much harsher charges.

· Premium Member
20,102 Posts
Partially true, holding the pistol sideways with the sights faced outward will make the bullet's flight curve but turn the pistol facing inward gives you a flatter trajectory which in this case the shooter was right handed or a left handed individual that was trying to shoot the officer in the butt. Pretty simple if you use modern logic.
Huh, trajectory is the same regardless to which way you cant the pistol.....it's a physics thing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.