Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help. I am selling a couple hand guns to someone who is more like my brother than just a friend. I live in Mount Airy, NC and he lives down in Columbia SC. I know we must go through a FFL for the transfer. My wife has been wanting to go down to Concord Mills so I thought I might be able to find a FFL in the Charlotte area that can do a NC/SC transfer? I know I can drive them to a FFL in SC, but I was hoping to not have to drive that far, but being legal is a must. I know FFL holders near me that can do NC/VA transfers, so hopefully someone can help us out. I appreciate the help.
NCH

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is what I thought as well, except for the gun shop up here on the NC/VA line that says a FFL can be registered in two different states. He stated that he is able to do NC and VA transfers or purchases. The SC state line isn't much further than the Concord Mills area. Does anyone know a FFL holder that would be close to the state line in SC? I will check out the link given above tonight, and thank you for posting it. I used the one on GunBroker but didn't see anything that I was looking for, but I was looking at the NC FFL's. Thanks for the help.

·
'Murica! eh?
7,479 Posts
From the ATF FAQ:

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]
They sure don't make it easy to follow the law do they?

·
Premium Member
5,827 Posts
I was looking for similar information last week in this thread.
Except we were trading long guns.

Another member recommended Vinesett's Jewelers in Indian Land, SC. They are just across the line, and seemed very easy to work with when I spoke to them on the phone.
(I ended up using a local FFL in Indian Trail, as he could handle both transfers since they were long guns)

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
For a handgun you're going to need to have a SC ffl do the transfer. Your best bet is maybe rockhill, should be an easy drive for both of you if you don't want to ship to ffl. There are a couple FFL's in rockhill who do transfers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.