FFL vs FTF | Carolina Shooters Club

FFL vs FTF

Discussion in 'Politics Section' started by PLS4541, Feb 20, 2021.

1. PLS4541

PLS4541 Registered Member

I have recently encountered several handguns that I’ve considered purchasing from other forum members. Unfortunately these members require the transaction to be completed at their, or nearby FFL. Due to this, I have not contacted them nor made an offer on their firearm.
    I have been fortunate to have bought and sold a substantial number of firearms on this forum, and met some really nIce folks in the process. I’ll examine their CHP, drivers license, and do the deal. Personally, I’m not in favor of generating a FFL form 4473 for a lawful person to person deal.
    Wondering how others may feel about this?

Remmy and mikep7m10 like this.
  2. Ben-Had

Ben-Had Registered Member

I agree.

3. Have gun-will travel

Have gun-will travel Member

Joey. I like to do a BOS because you never know what the person you are buying from has done with the gun. It could have been stolen or used in a crime. This only applies to strangers or people you have never met or know nothing about

4. FINO

FINO Registered Member

With the political BS going on in this nation I do not choose to purchase firearms from people who ask for more than the "LAW" demands, no matter how much I have wanted and looked for the item being sold. If one wishes to protect themselves from from visits or threats from the govt., so be it do what you choose to do BUT it will be done without my assistance no the assistance of others that value their privacy. The less the govt. can become aware of those owning good self protection the better.

5. Losha 70

Losha 70 Registered Member

Stick to the law and ask if it seems that the person buying the gun is buying it for themselves. If something seems off listen to your gut.

6. Bailey Boat

Bailey Boat Club Subscribed Club Subscribed

The minute you go "above and beyond" lawful requirements you know what and where to go with your gun. WHY do people want to do this crap?? If it WAS made law they would bitch and moan about Gov't interference...

7. ladder13

ladder13 Registered Member

Their guns, they do as they want.