FFL vs FTF | Carolina Shooters Club

FFL vs FTF

Discussion in 'Politics Section' started by PLS4541, Feb 20, 2021.

1. PLS4541

PLS4541 Registered Member

I have recently encountered several handguns that I’ve considered purchasing from other forum members. Unfortunately these members require the transaction to be completed at their, or nearby FFL. Due to this, I have not contacted them nor made an offer on their firearm.
    I have been fortunate to have bought and sold a substantial number of firearms on this forum, and met some really nIce folks in the process. I’ll examine their CHP, drivers license, and do the deal. Personally, I’m not in favor of generating a FFL form 4473 for a lawful person to person deal.
    Wondering how others may feel about this?

mikep7m10 likes this.
  2. Ben-Had

Ben-Had Registered Member

I agree.

3. Have gun-will travel

Have gun-will travel Member

Joey. I like to do a BOS because you never know what the person you are buying from has done with the gun. It could have been stolen or used in a crime. This only applies to strangers or people you have never met or know nothing about

4. FINO

FINO Registered Member

With the political BS going on in this nation I do not choose to purchase firearms from people who ask for more than the "LAW" demands, no matter how much I have wanted and looked for the item being sold. If one wishes to protect themselves from from visits or threats from the govt., so be it do what you choose to do BUT it will be done without my assistance no the assistance of others that value their privacy. The less the govt. can become aware of those owning good self protection the better.