Carolina Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Filehosts

Megaupload = Dead for now.

Hotfile = Basically dead, deleted lots of new uploads, banned heaps of users with multiple violations (this was ages ago by the way.)

Wupload = in November removed their affiliate program, so a lot of uploaders moved.

Filesonic = teamed up with Vobile awhile ago to Protect Copyrighted Digital Content

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2011/12/prweb9049088.htm

and has now disabled File-sharing..so now you can only download your own uploads.

Fileserve = basically doing what hotfile did, deleting all new uploads, and older illegal content, banning users with multiple violations.

Filejungle = Deleting Links.

Uploadstation = Deleting Links.

FIlepost = same thing that hotfile did.

Uploaded.to = Banned American IP's.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2399185,00.asp

Taking a shorter break than their last vacation, Anonymous is back at it already. Reports are coming in that they had completely knocked out CBS.com and are continuing their revenge spree. The CBS takedown wasn't your regular DDoS attack because if you went to CBS.com at the time Anon attacked it, there was nothing except an index page with a single file. That's it. Basically, Anonymous gained access to CBS.com and deleted EVERYTHING.

CBS.com has managed to put itself back up but we'll be on the lookout of Anonymous' next move. This is going to be interesting. Last time Anon went on a revenge spree, well, the DOJ, RIAA, MPAA, Universal, EMI, FBI and others all got a piece of the takedown fun.

Update: Looks like they just took down UniversalMusic.com again too!

Update 2: Anon is now going after websites in Brazil. The Hacker News reports that websites of Brazil's federal district, the city of Tangara da Serra and popular Brazilian singer Paula Fernandes have been brought offline in a DDoS attack. Anonymous' message on the affected websites? "If Megaupload is down, you are down too."

Update 3: Vivendi, a French media company involved in music, film, TV, video games, etc., has been brought down too. Vivendi used to own Universal

Update 4: Affected sites are bouncing in and out of life, and are at the very least super slow to load. Anon agents are currently trying to coordinate their DDoS attacks in the same direction via IRC.
Update 5: The US Copyright Office joins the list.
Update 6: This Anon sums up the mood in their "official" chat room at the moment:
Update 7: Russian news service RT claims this is the largest coordinated attack in Anonymous' history-over 5,600 DDoS zealots blasting at once.
Update 8: the Anonymous DDoS planning committee is chittering so quickly, it's making my laptop fan spin.
Update 9: Major record label EMI is down for the count.
Update 10: La résistance est international-French copyright authority HADOPI bites the dust under Anon pressure.
Update 11: The Federal Bureau of Investigation has fallen and can't get up.
Update 12: Anonymous has released a statement about today's attacks.

·
Banned
3,908 Posts
Can't help but cheer at this. If I were single, I would definitely be sitting in an internet cafe somewhere offshore writing malicious code for anonymous. The faux morality of the "submit or else" keepers of the gates is funny. I find it especially amusing that the FBI is down.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea but it is only their front facing web site. No real damage there. I am in the same boat. Probably didn't even faze leadership. The web master probably had it back up within an hour.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.