Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Anne Murray sucks.
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M96 Swedish Mauser, 1911 Oberndorf manufacture. Unfortunately not all matching due to the ejector box having been replaced. Has the Finnish "SA" mark on the receiver. Not the "B" variant- that is to say, it was never threaded for a blank firing adapter. Over all in very good shape, with a "zero bore", meaning the barrel is fresh from the arsenal.

https://flic.kr/p/7517456672 http://www.flickr.com/people/pirateheart/

I've had several people give me their opinion what this thing is worth, including one dealer who said he wouldn't sell it for less than $800. I see normal M96's going anywhere from $250 to $400, so I'm guessing it's more than that, but how much more, I don't know.
Info from anyone versed in milsurp pricing would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,373 Posts
SA marked Swede Mausers don't carry that much of a premium over regular Swedes. You are probably looking at $300 to $350 if you want money to change hands. Might do a bit better if you put it online and wait for the guy who has to have one. Or, go to the dealer who said he wouldn't sell it for less than $800 and offer it to him for $400. You'll get more that way than anywhere else and he can double his money. However, I doubt he'll give that. :)

Are you sure it is 1911 and not 1901? I'm not aware that Oberndorf made any as late as 1911.

·
Anne Murray sucks.
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SA marked Swede Mausers don't carry that much of a premium over regular Swedes. You are probably looking at $300 to $350 if you want money to change hands. Might do a bit better if you put it online and wait for the guy who has to have one. Or, go to the dealer who said he wouldn't sell it for less than $800 and offer it to him for $400. You'll get more that way than anywhere else and he can double his money. However, I doubt he'll give that. :)

Are you sure it is 1911 and not 1901? I'm not aware that Oberndorf made any as late as 1911.
I figured that was a high estimate.
It's definitely a 1911.

·
Premium Member
4,373 Posts
Would you mind posting a picture of the receiving ring showing the Oberndorf markings? As far as I know, there are no records of Oberndorf producing Swede 96s after 1900.

·
Anne Murray sucks.
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Would you mind posting a picture of the receiving ring showing the Oberndorf markings? As far as I know, there are no records of Oberndorf producing Swede 96s after 1900.
Had to dig it out of the back of the safe to check, but you are correct. It's Carl Gustaf. I got it confused with one of my other Swedes.

·
Registered
67 Posts
If anyone will pay $800 for an M96, please email me as I have a bunch I will gladly more for that. :)

I think the guys are right, the $3s seem to be the high water mark....wasnt that long ago we were picking them up for $100 a pop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.