Fishing around Burlington | Carolina Shooters Club

Fishing around Burlington

Discussion in 'Hunting & Fishing' started by Brandon90, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Brandon90

Brandon90 Registered Member

What's up, everyone? Just recently moved to the Burlington area and was looking for some good bank fishing spots. Looking at getting a boat potentially but for now it's the bank for me. Targeting crappie and catfish for the freezer and dinner table. Any suggestions?

2. SkydivnShooter

SkydivnShooter Staff Member Staff Member Lifetime Member Club Subscribed

Hey Brandon. Welcome to the site and good luck with your fishing.

Brandon90 likes this.
  3. GTM1

GTM1 Registered Member

Google.... fishing burlington nc

4. carolina sorillo

carolina sorillo Registered Member

I wouldn't say it's good. But, there are usually several people bank fishing at Lake Mackintosh. They also have a pier you can fish from at the Guilford park. You can also rent a jonboat or Kayak there or the main marina. Lake Cammack is also a pretty good lake both are owned by City of Burlington and have rentals(I think). I know Mackintosh does it's 3 miles from my driveway to the Guilford park driveway.

CS

5. Brandon90

Man, genius idea. Never even thought of that. Makes you wonder why anyone would join a forum discussion if they can just google everything. It's not like fisheries change and or new ideas are thought of or anything like that.

Edit, this sounded a little dickish rereading it. While sarcasm was my main intent asshole level was not.

6. Brandon90

I have bank fished Macintosh twice, both times I couldn't get near the feeders because of crowd. I'll have to try Lake Cammack. Thanks for the advice. Looking at a jon boat tomm, hopefully expand my options.

7. carolina sorillo

Get a trolling motor, a deep cycle battery, a portable depth finder and a good thin life jacket and rent one of their jonboats. At Mackintosh's main marina gas boats have to go under the bridge when they leave the marina. Which leaves about 1/4 of the lake open to you. Pretty good fishing from there to the dam even better back up Beaver Creek. I used to fish there A LOT. You will need 2 batteries if you plan to go all the way back up Beaver Creek. I used to use 1 battery to get me back there and to fish on and another to get me back to the marina. At the Guilford Park, no gas boats can be launched but they are allowed on the water by it. It is a no wake zone though. From that marina back up to the Judge Adams Rd bridge. the fishing is also pretty good. There is a bouy at the bridge that says going any farther is prohibited. That bridge is only a few feet off the water and you have to sit in the floor of your boat to get under it, so I've heard ;). The fishing on the other side up the creek is really good too, so I've heard ;).

CS

Brandon90 likes this.
  8. Brandon90

Thanks for the info for sure. Even if my boat has both a gas and trolling motor I would have to go under the bridge?

9. carolina sorillo

Yes, sir. The only gas motors that I've ever seen towards the dam is the Game Warden and Lake Patrol.

CS