Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Saw the Florence Wally World (one behind the Sams) has a few ARs. Didn't look closely because I don't need another or the temptation...these are the first Ive seen at Wal Marts in this area. Ive seen a few in NC stores. Just thought Id pass it along. :D

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
I think the have Sigs & Colt for around $900+.
The Colt LE6920 is 1097, which is a decent price. I was at that wal-mart behind Sams last week. Their sporting goods has a better selection than the one on Irby st.

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
I think the have Sigs & Colt for around $900+.
The Colt LE6920 is 1097, which is a decent price. I was at that wal-mart behind Sams last week. Their sporting goods has a better selection than the one on Irby st.

Conway has had them for a while also.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Any walmart can get it for you, they have a catalog at the sporting goods counter you can order for. So anything you see in any walmart you can order from another. The one in the town I live in doesn't have them, the ones in the town I work in have at least 1/2 a dozen different models, and one store prob has 12.

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
Any walmart can get it for you, they have a catalog at the sporting goods counter you can order for. So anything you see in any walmart you can order from another. The one in the town I live in doesn't have them, the ones in the town I work in have at least 1/2 a dozen different models, and one store prob has 12.
They can also get a lot of firearms that they don't stock, the book has a good selection. I ordered a howa 1500 bolt action from walmart.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Walmart in Whiteville has a sig flat top for like $897. I thought about buying one from them but my buddy said to get one built because the walmart AR's are "base" models and harder to customize?

·
Registered
784 Posts
Price, selection, customer service.

Pick two because it's impossible to get all three from a business and have that business stay in business.

The only thing you get with Walmart IMO is price, because their customer service, for lack of a better word, SUCKS.

Last week I stopped in Walmart because I had some time to kill. Went to the gun area and after 10 minutes of waiting, another customer went BEHIND the counter to look at some of the guns because no employee would show up.

I'd rather support some good, local gun shops.

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
The Walmart in Whiteville has a sig flat top for like $897. I thought about buying one from them but my buddy said to get one built because the walmart AR's are "base" models and harder to customize?
Not True!!!!!

All AR's are like Adult Lego's, you can do anything with them. If you add a forward accessory rail to any AR, You can put all the tactical stuff on there you want.

No difference in the AR at wal-mart and the AR at the local shop. They are coming from some of the same distributors, and the colts and sigs are actual colt and sigs!!!!!!
Walmart sales the Colt Law Enforcement 6920. This is the same rifle the Army carries (the M4) minus full auto and increased barrel length for legality.

Glad you joined up here :D We are going to get you up to date :D :D :D

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
His buddy is prob talking about the sportical/sports models, without the dustcover and forward assist, either of which is a dead giveaway on sight that it's missing.
A little research on the model you're looking at will tell you right quick if it's not milspec.

Any milspec ar will take any other ar's parts/upgrades. You can put a $500 trigger in a $500 ar if you want. Really about the only thing you have to worry about on an AR as far as swapping parts is handguard/gas system length, and buttstock tube width. If you're building your upper rather than getting an assembled one it's a little more detailed than that, but not much.

·
Banned
10,039 Posts
His buddy is prob talking about the sportical/sports models, without the dustcover and forward assist, either of which is a dead giveaway on sight that it's missing.
A little research on the model you're looking at will tell you right quick if it's not milspec.

Any milspec ar will take any other ar's parts/upgrades. You can put a $500 trigger in a $500 ar if you want. Really about the only thing you have to worry about on an AR as far as swapping parts is handguard/gas system length, and buttstock tube width. If you're building your upper rather than getting an assembled one it's a little more detailed than that, but not much.
All the ones I have seen at Walmart are carbine length gas systems.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.