Carolina Shooters Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm honored to start the Survival & Preparedness thread.

Guys, if you haven't already done so....get that Binder started with all of information you think would be of importance in an emergency, natural disaster, terrorist attack, or Zombie apocalypse!

It's great to save websites and Pdf files to you computer, but you need to have that information readily available in case there's no power etc etc.

Having it organized in a binder can help you and you loved ones!!

--DirtySCREW

·
Same as it ever was... same as it ever was...
1,704 Posts
Binder? Try a file cabinet. You could fill a binder on nuclear disaster alone. Seriously though, you are absolutely right. No power or internet and the good ol' fashioned book will be a life saver.

·
Wings of Gold 1990
6,752 Posts
I feel pretty special, I printed out the LDS preparedness maual, all 222 pages.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Suggestion - before printing out huge files, see if you can get it off amazon; ink and paper plus binder and hole punching add up. Where there is no doctor etc are 500-ish pages; buy for less than printing. save your ink for stuff you can't economically buy.

CB

·
Registered
80 Posts
I purchased a laser printer for this very reason. I am still on my first toner cartridge and have printed over 1500 pages. Also, for those with a laser printer from Brothers, they will tell you your toner is out long before it is empty. The printer will quit functioning with this cartridge installed. However if you cover the circuit on the toner cartridge with scotch tape the printer will resume functioning. (at least this works with my cheap 80 dollar brother printer) With the cartridge that came with the printer that was good for only 500 pages (according to the manual and employee at the store) I am still printing off it a year and a half later and at the 1500 page mark. I will see if I can post the link to show how to do this as it may well work with others. Even with the 70 dollar price of the cartridge, printing is much cheaper with the laser than ink jet. The only money spent on my printer right now is the electricity to power and 2.98 for 500 sheets of paper. Initial cost output was $88. Good luck all!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Found the link.

The original cartridge included with the printer I bought in May of 2010 is still going strong today. I got the empty toner alert in October of 2010.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.